• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 69 B Body Seat Belt Retractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plum70chrgr

Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score
Looking for drivers side seat belt retractor for 68-70 b body with buckets.
Any color will do.
Thanks

I "think" what you're looking for will be 70 only. If I recall correctly (?) 68 & 69 seat belts are similar to what you have on an airplane. Both sides are just loose, you click them together then tighten the strap. For 70 only, one side 1/2 way rolls out (male end) & the other side looks just like a 68/69 belt. You still click it and pull the strap to tighten it. In 71 they finally figured out to put the whole seatbelt on roll, just pull out and click into the female side.

You may be right. Just going by pictures of I've seen of 68 & 69 Chargers I've seen the online. And we all know the internet never lies ;) .
Anyhow, I need the spring loaded one like the attachment.

retractor.jpg

I "think" what you're looking for will be 70 only. If I recall correctly (?) 68 & 69 seat belts are similar to what you have on an airplane. Both sides are just loose, you click them together then tighten the strap. For 70 only, one side 1/2 way rolls out (male end) & the other side looks just like a 68/69 belt. You still click it and pull the strap to tighten it. In 71 they finally figured out to put the whole seatbelt on roll, just pull out and click into the female side.

Sorry about the "X" , but that is wrong. '69's absolutely have the retractable belt on both the driver's side door and the passenger's side door. The inside belts ARE loose as you described, but NOT the outside belts, they have retractors. I won't comment on '68 models since I don't have one of those, but I think they are the same.

Last edited:
68 and 69 are the same as to the retractors. Look closely, the 70 male end IS different than 68 and 69 through out the whole belt system in 70.

Sorry about the "X" , but that is wrong. '69's absolutely have the retractable belt on both the driver's side door and the passenger's side door. The inside belts ARE loose as you described, but NOT the outside belts, they have retractors. I won't comment on '68 models since I don't have one of those.
Dude, no problem, I appreciate the new info. My memory is off. I'm learning a lot myself..... so, from what I'm reading in the other posts..... 1. 67 is the last year that is loose belt/loosebelt. 2. 68/69 are half-roll/loose belt 3. 70 is also half-roll/loose belt BUT a different male/female size 4. 71 starts the whole belt on a roll
Is that sounding right?

Dude, no problem, I appreciate the new info. My memory is off. I'm learning a lot myself..... so, from what I'm reading in the other posts..... 1. 67 is the last year that is loose belt/loosebelt. 2. 68/69 are half-roll/loose belt 3. 70 is also half-roll/loose belt BUT a different male/female size 4. 71 starts the whole belt on a roll
Is that sounding right?

Yeah, me too on the learning bit. I thought the '68's were the same as '69, but didn't know there was a slight difference in the '70 retractor belts either.

Been over 50 years that I've owned & worked on these cars and there is always something new that comes along that I didn't know before. :thumbsup:

Of course then there is the problem of "retaining" that new information. It gets harder every year. :BangHead:

No you guys have me super curious about the slight difference in the male end on the 70.
Will a 69 male fit in to a 70 female and vice versa?

For anyone that may be following this thread, here's a pic of the 70 vs. 68/9. The green being the 68/9 and the black being the 70.

IMG_5356.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back