• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Bee bench seat release cable

440beep

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
Have my interior pulled for winter maintenance on the Bee and I’m looking at my front seat. Is the bench seat cable that goes from side to side supposed to weak and droopy or should it be tight? Mine is very droopy.

Also, is a repro cable available as I’ve not found one on several websites, just separate ones that look to be for bucket seats. Or am I better off just making my own from wire?

IMG_6541.jpeg

IMG_6544.jpeg

It pulls back to the center of the seat frame. Hang on for a minute and I’ll get you a picture.

Ok, now I see it. Going to go look now at mine……

And bingo, I found it! Right in front of me.

My front seat doesn’t look like that, but matches Dadsbee. I can only find the one hook in the metal bracket where the hog clips go.

IMG_6549.jpeg

IMG_6546.jpeg

IMG_6547.jpeg

Probably explains why the seat would’ve slide front and back after removing it another time, most likely knocked that wire out of the retaining hook. It’s always the little things.

Last edited:
It's more than that, it screws in and out to adjust the tension or slack in the wire. The wire stretches after time, and the passenger side won't operate because of the slack.

All good info per above. I've never found one that was repop for a bench seat (tracks either for that matter - everything available for buckets ). I found a decent used one, have the original but awfully rust and did not want to use it

All good info per above. I've never found one that was repop for a bench seat (tracks either for that matter - everything available for buckets ). I found a decent used one, have the original but awfully rust and did not want to use it
Evapo rust and it will look like new. Then a quick coat of black spray paint and all is good.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back