• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Belvedere Hemi looking for history

First thing I would be keen on doing is proving that the air filter is one of those HTF ones....and swap it out for a K&N re-usable filter for general driving. Save the good paper element for car shows if that's what you intend to do a lot.

Sounds like a really good purchase that may have flown under many people's radar being what it is. :thumbsup:
HFT? So this one (filter) is valuable? When I first found it. It had been listed for over 3 weeks. I thought for sure it would have been sold.
I think the reason was that the first picture in the ad was a poor shot of the black interior. Not a AWESOME B Body HEMI.

sounds like a happy buyer

that's what matters

So this one (filter) is valuable?

@716PKRT (Dan) might be able to give you a little more information on that air cleaner filter. It does appear that it is either an original factory filter, which I doubt, or it is one of the reproduction filters made by Fram that looks like an OE filter. Fram hasn't made that filter for a while now and it's pretty hard to get your hands on one. The people that do Concours restorations or OE type restorations are the ones that are looking for these and they'll pay a pretty penny for them in NOS condition or even excellent used condition. As Kiwi pointed out, do yourself a favor and don't drive the car with that filter on it. We'll see if Dan has anything to add, he worked with one of the Fram engineers to help develop these filters.

The filter is almpst impossible to find now. I don't know when Fram quit making the repop filters, but several years ago. I talked with Fram about this recently and they are not really interested in doing the "vintage" (hence the "V" in the part number) series again. Looks like any of these that are still around or original NOS ones will command the money if someone wants original, concours appearance. At least the current Fram regular replacement filters have the orange flanges, but a screen wire media cover. Definitely keep any of the correct filters for display purposes and run something else for driving.

The filter is almpst impossible to find now. I don't know when Fram quit making the repop filters, but several years ago. I talked with Fram about this recently and they are not really interested in doing the "vintage" (hence the "V" in the part number) series again. Looks like any of these that are still around or original NOS ones will command the money if someone wants original, concours appearance. At least the current Fram regular replacement filters have the orange flanges, but a screen wire media cover. Definitely keep any of the correct filters for display purposes and run something else for driving.
Will there be a Chrysler part # on it? Chances of it ever getting dirty are very slim, Pretty much only to car shows. I'm working on tracking down previous owners. One such owner is called POPS and is in the Saint Charles MO area and is noted for specializing in survivor cars. I'm working on detailing the engine compartment to factory specs. Here are some more pictures. Including the specs for the Hemi and the front disc change over.
IMG_1925.JPG
IMG_1925.JPG
IMG_1925.JPG

IMG_1915.JPG IMG_1909.JPG IMG_1910.JPG IMG_1911.JPG IMG_1913.JPG IMG_1926.JPG IMG_1927.JPG

Wow. What a car!

Congratulations on what looks like a great buy. I have always lusted for a Gen II Hemi but likely I will never have one. I love the sleeper vibe on this car. And the body - wow - looks like ZERO rust ever. That is worth a heck of a lot by itself!

You may want to check a bit about how the 727 was built. The Hemi models were extra beefy to handle the power. Hopefully the 727 that is in it was built to handle extra power.

Super big :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: on this one!

Wow. What a car!

Congratulations on what looks like a great buy. I have always lusted for a Gen II Hemi but likely I will never have one. I love the sleeper vibe on this car. And the body - wow - looks like ZERO rust ever. That is worth a heck of a lot by itself!

You may want to check a bit about how the 727 was built. The Hemi models were extra beefy to handle the power. Hopefully the 727 that is in it was built to handle extra power.

Super big :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: on this one!
Thanks Hawk, Remember those seat belt holders you got from me last year? This car has them front and back. Previous owner said NEW Hemi 727. How can I check. I plan to have the car at Carlisle right near our FBBO tent. Did you renew your vendor space? I did.

Thanks Hawk, Remember those seat belt holders you got from me last year? This car has them front and back. Previous owner said NEW Hemi 727. How can I check. I plan to have the car at Carlisle right near our FBBO tent. Did you renew your vendor space? I did.
I haven't yet put the seat belt holders on, so looking at your car will be great to understand how to orient them on mine.

I'm not sure there are any externally visible signs of a Hemi vs. a regular big block 727 transmission. I am not familiar with the Hemi transmission, but I read a couple of things that vaguely stick in my mind as I went through the rebuild of my 727 that I just finished. The Hemi transmission had greater number of springs for the front clutches and a 5.0 ratio kickdown/ second gear lever. I also believe it had other more stout internals, but I do not know what they are. If needed, I can look some up (or we can check out my transmission book together at Carlisle over a cold one!) :drinks:

You bet I renewed my vendor spot, so you'll likely have some of my drool on your car!

Will there be a Chrysler part # on it? Chances of it ever getting dirty are very slim, Pretty much only to car shows. I'm working on tracking down previous owners. One such owner is called POPS and is in the Saint Charles MO area and is noted for specializing in survivor cars. I'm working on detailing the engine compartment to factory specs. Here are some more pictures. Including the specs for the Hemi and the front disc change over.View attachment 1232537 View attachment 1232537 View attachment 1232537

View attachment 1232532 View attachment 1232533 View attachment 1232534 View attachment 1232535 View attachment 1232536 View attachment 1232538 View attachment 1232539
No, it will have the Fram 332V part number. Only NOS will do if you're looking for that level of correctness. Good luck.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back