• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger bucket seat removal

mopar4don

Local time
8:03 AM
Reaction score
What is the best way to remove bucket seats from a Charger without damaging anything?
The bolt head looks like a rivet, smooth, nothing to get a hold of.

The nuts holding them down are under the floor. The part under the seat should not turn. It should have a square shoulder that goes in the seat frame. Just squirt some wd40 or something on the nuts under the car.

ok thanks I saw the nuts but figured they were welded to the floor!
Sorry I should have realized.
Thanks

Follow-up on bucket seat removal question: how did it go? Any recommendations for a novice about to remove the bucket seats? I'm gathering all the stuff for seat cushion replacement on 67 b-body buckets (seats that have never been removed before) but this image of trying to remove rust-fused underbody nuts and torque-fracturing the studs keeps popping into my head.

piece of cake. If your nuts look rusty, soak them in PB Blaster for a day or so and have at it. If any studs break, it's not the end of the world. A LITTLE heat on the nuts may help, but keep a close eye on the carpet and have an extinguisher handy.

Auto Transport Service
Back