• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger full quarter install at rear window?

mopar4don

Local time
12:03 AM
Reaction score
I have a question about the installation of my AMD full quarter panels

Should the quarters align on the rear window pinch weld?
Or should that inner window opening edge of the quarter align with the window edge of the roof structure?

The drivers side is good, but the pass side is 3/16 inboard.

How much can I get away with?

This is the best I have right now. I can get a better pic tonight

quarter at window.jpg

I'm thinking what the outside reveals of the window openings and body lines etc. would dictate any positioning. IMO

That's what I am thinking. I just don't know how much clearance the window glass needs?

I measured the glass length and width, and the opening is about 1/2 bigger per side (or 1 inch overall)

This seems like a lot, but I don't know?
I know I don't want to weld it, then later find out it does matter!

So when you go to install the rear glass, you buy a kit that comes with 5/16 or 3/8 butle sealant tape and it comes with some spacer blocks that you put at the bottom of the glass. This will center it in the opening right?

I’d get your glass and rear window trim out for a mock up for starters.
Thanks Matt, I made a template of the glass out of OSB (I don't want to risk breaking) I will double check it tonight.

Does anyone have a good "how to link" for installing the rear window?
I put my rear glass in and it seems like the opening is way to big!
Also I noticed after centering the glass in the opening, it was a good 1/4 inch gap from touching the metal in the upper corners.
Not sure if my opening is right?

I am curious as well. Also, do you or anyone else have the dimensions of the rubber blocks that go on the bottom of the rear glass. I lost mine when I had the glass taken out before my roof skin was installed.

Still looking for help with how the glass should fit the opening

Auto Transport Service
Back