• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger Headrest Rebuild ?

Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
Rather than emptying my bank account to buy some, I'd be satisfied with rebuilding my own. They are slightly yellowed a little, but the match the white seat color ok. To get the job done however, I have two hurdles I cannot seem to find answers to:

1. How does the chrome ring that goes over the headrest dividing the back 1/2 from the front 1/2 detach/attach so I can refurbish or replace it? Do they sell new ones?

2. Can you buy the thingy I have pictured below anywhere that tucks up under the headrest? (This one is, which is broken is on some parts seats. I don't have either one on my white seats).

I can't find either of these parts out there in the world.

Thanks for your input.

IMG_3758.jpg

In the past I've known a few guys that used this sort of product... Look around for the one that closely resembles the original trim... There use to be one that was virtually identical...

In the past I've known a few guys that used this sort of product... Look around for the one that closely resembles the original trim... There use to be one that was virtually identical...

I used something similar. It was 3m I remember. Basically indistinguishable from a factory strip.

IMG_20200201_175615_813.jpg

One down. Thanks guys - looks good.

Yup 16 feet for $12.. Or the guy that use to buy it in bulk & sell you two 20" strips for $25..... :lol:

[/URL]
Got my trim from Dennis @ Kruzin Moons. I’ve done 3 sets of headrests complete and it’s a fun little project. All mine were black. To fill cracks I’ve used JB weld compound and sanded like body fill til I was happy with result and then sprayed with black vinyl dye paint

Did you lay it over the old strip or replace it? How does the strip come off? It looks great.
My strips were so brittle they came off with no effort. After paint hardened in a day ( better safe than sorry ) I laid new chrome strips on

My strips were so brittle they came off with no effort. After paint hardened in a day ( better safe than sorry ) I laid new chrome strips on
I did these using the same technique. My current car has a set restored by Kruzin Moons, and there's no visible difference.

41B0250C-60B9-4675-B95B-5AACE7942693.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back