• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger taillight cover located in the trunk

bob32268

Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
I was at the Chryslers at Carlisle yesterday and was looking at the "Survivors" cars. I noticed the 69 Chargers had a big black plastic piece located in trunk that covers the tail light housings. Is this correct for all 69 - 70 Chargers
or was it just for certain models like the Charger R/T or Charger SE ? One owner told me you can buy these as repros, does anyone know who has them? I looked in my Year One (R1115) catalog and I couldn't find any.
Thanks,
Bob

I have a repop one never used if interested PM me

Yes Bob they all had them. I thought I seen one in the FS thread a while back.

I sent you a PM but not sure if I did it correctly....interested in your cover. But, not sure if it is correct for my Charger since it is not a R/T or Charger SE.
Tks,
Bob32268

IMG_7636.JPG

I sent you a PM but not sure if I did it correctly....interested in your cover. But, not sure if it is correct for my Charger since it is not a R/T or Charger SE.
Tks,
Bob32268

View attachment 1494684
"Doing it correctly" would mean you started a Wanted to Buy advertisement here.

"Doing it correctly" would mean you started a Wanted to Buy advertisement here.
I'm sorry if i broke the rules, new at this...My main question was whether it was correct for my Charger or not. If correct, yes, I'll purchase one, if not correct then no need for a purchase....
Thanks,
Bob32268

Thank you, I appreciate the comliment. What kind of Charger do you have ?
Bob32268

1969 R/T with a 4 speed. Y2 yellow with a white tail stripe. Almost have it where I want it, but are we ever really done? :lol:

No, we're never really done, we just keep "improving" them year after year....I saw a lot of nice MOPARs at Carlisle yesterday. I also like Super Bees and Roadrunners, GTX's
are great too.....I like the Y2 yellow with white stripe, very good looking car ! I remember when these cars were new in the dealer showrooms and on the street. It's such a
treat to see them looking new again. Car count was 3100 yesterday ! Also, what is the price on your cover ?
Tks,
Bob32268

I was there only on Saturday, great event. I'll take exactly what I have in it, $225

I was at the Chryslers at Carlisle yesterday and was looking at the "Survivors" cars. I noticed the 69 Chargers had a big black plastic piece located in trunk that covers the tail light housings. Is this correct for all 69 - 70 Chargers
or was it just for certain models like the Charger R/T or Charger SE ? One owner told me you can buy these as repros, does anyone know who has them? I looked in my Year One (R1115) catalog and I couldn't find any.
Thanks,
Bob
Yes, my '69 Charger is a base model, bought new. It has the plastic tail light cover.

Auto Transport Service
Back