• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 charger title

Local time
3:36 AM
Reaction score
last summer i purchased a 69 charger in ohio, i got a bill of sale with it. .comi cant seem toget a title, any ideas? does anyone have a dashframe and title that they would be willing to sell.

Selling titles and numbers from one car for another is illegal in my state and usually brings heated debate. Last time I checked it was illegal in most if not all states....

Sorry, but you bought a parts car. Selling/buying a VIN tag and title is illegal.

Here in Kansas there are a few ways to get a title. 1st would be do a vin search and find the last registered owner, ask them to apply for a lost title or give you power of attorney to do it for them. Then transfer it to you. 2nd is file for a storage or mechanics lien. There are some steps to this way but you will end up with a title in your name. There should be a title service in your area and they will have some ways to get a title as well. Plus they should be able to tell you which way of filing a lien would be best in your area. Here a storage lien is the easiest. An attorney can help you too and will cost more than the title service. Getting a title for the charger may seem like a hassle, it can be done.

Broadway Title can't help you! The vehicle has to be running and insured! The last time I checked with them! You'll have to do as stated in the other posts most likely! ................Please do not use Political references here...thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope that bill of sale has a notory stamp on it and all transactions of transfers are legitimate. Could be an expensive lesson learned on buying a motor vehicle. Try Virginia Title they will do all the searching for you and if everything comes out OK issue a title.

charger

post a pic.
maybe you can part it and get your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ back

Last edited:
I've gotten a court ordered title before with little trouble for a car that was missing the title.

Be patient in doing this, you can get a title, sometimes it can be a royal pain in the back side but it can be done, and done in a legal way... I wouldn't give up hope but do the phone calls and everything you have to do...

In some states, you can get a replacement VIN, here in NYS it is usually a sticker. My car has the VIN tag missing but has been registered using most of the numbers off the fender tag which happen to match the body numbers (radiator support) and this is the replacement VIN. I am not that happy with that. With a 69, I think, all the numbers should match, body and drivetrain. Earlier, there were no matching numbers drivetrains. Playing devil's advocate, if a person swapped the tag from a donor and used the title, who's to say that it's not the same car if there are no other matching numbers on the body shell?

In some states, you can get a replacement VIN, here in NYS it is usually a sticker. My car has the VIN tag missing but has been registered using most of the numbers off the fender tag which happen to match the body numbers (radiator support) and this is the replacement VIN. I am not that happy with that. With a 69, I think, all the numbers should match, body and drivetrain. Earlier, there were no matching numbers drivetrains. Playing devil's advocate, if a person swapped the tag from a donor and used the title, who's to say that it's not the same car if there are no other matching numbers on the body shell?

Felony if you get caught is all the reason I need.

I'm already in the process with the dmv, I will update soon

making connections at the dmv never hurts for a future project.
Thank everyone that helps you.
I used to walk in and no matter how big the line, "hey sam, are you here about that paperwork we are working on? come over to this window"
I sent them flowers after they got me a title for an M37 weapons carrier.

Good job, Fish!!

Felony if you get caught is all the reason I need.

No, it's not, if you have a State-issued VIN; that replaces that original (and now invalid) VIN for purposes of registration and titling a vehicle.

Auto Transport Service
Back