• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69' Coronet/Bee Carpet Install

Bakerda408

Local time
3:41 PM
Reaction score
Installing carpet in my 69' Bee and trying to decide how far back to trim it for the door sills/scuff plates (car had no interior when I bought it so have no reference). Does anyone have pictures of how far the carpet wraps up towards the doors and/or under the extensions for the back seats. Thanks in advance.

Bee_Carpet.jpg

The carpet stops at the pinch weld at the door opening and cuts right to the inner panel in the rear where the sill extensions go.

^^^ Yup. If it ends up going over the pinchwelds, that's not necessarily a problem, unless they distort from the thickness.
I set the gas pedal location 1st - forward inner corner of the heel pad - after laying the carpet flat and checking perimeter.
To keep the carpet from shifting around, I next locate & attach the front inner seatbelts at the driveshaft hump.
If it's a 4-speed car, make sure there's a nice fit around the shifter hump.

I always start at the 4-speed hump. Make sure that all fits nice and go from there. The gas pedal location is the only other area that really matters. Should be plenty of extra material on the sides leftover to trim off.

yep work that rug from the center out starting with the hump and gas pedal.

Auto Transport Service
Back