• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet Convertible - Rallye Dash Conversion

Travis May

Local time
11:58 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking to convert my 69 Coronet Convertible w/ the original standard dash(granny dash) to the Rallye Dash or something very close to it. I am not making a tribute or a numbers matching car so it being EXACT is not my concern. I just want the look of a Rallye Dash. Is there any way to do this other than buying a new dash frame or is that the cheapest/easiest way to go?

I am aware. My question is can the granny dash frame be retrofitted or is buying a new frame the path of least resistance?

It depends on your fabrication skillset. A panel saw, cut off wheel, a mig or tig welder. After teardown and protection from flying sparks, an afternoon worth of time a person of average skill with said tools could tackle it.
There's some cut out to the left of the column, 4 areas (2left) and (2right) of the steering column to fill (approx 1"x1" ea) and a couple small tabs that need welded in to anchor the upper rally cluster.

or you set out to find a rally dash, in which you will be removing the windshield. FYI, a new harness will be needed as well.

It depends on your fabrication skillset. A panel saw, cut off wheel, a mig or tig welder. After teardown and protection from flying sparks, an afternoon worth of time a person of average skill with said tools could tackle it.
There's some cut out to the left of the column, 4 areas (2left) and (2right) of the steering column to fill (approx 1"x1" ea) and a couple small tabs that need welded in to anchor the upper rally cluster.

or you set out to find a rally dash, in which you will be removing the windshield. FYI, a new harness will be needed as well.

Thanks for the reply. Going new harness anyway. this thing is a complete rebuild. I think I'm just going to suck it up and buy a Rallye frame and sell off my current frame. Probably cheaper in the long run anyways.

Auto Transport Service
Back