• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'69 Coronet shoulder harness

193rdsow

Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me on the shoulder harness for a '69 RT, does the elastic strap snap on the harness or on an attached snap behind the harness mounted through the head liner?

thanks!

Can't remember, I went with the XV Motorsports 3 point.

Last edited:
1969 Hemi is correct. The is the 69 Coronet and is the factory install. 69CoronetRTSnapForRoofAnchorSBDec13 003.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 160217

- - - Updated - - -

69CoronetRTSnapForRoofAnchorSBDec13 004.jpg

I ordered the snap and installed it. The belt elastic fit perfectly. I did order an extra set of clear plastic belt retainers like they used on the back seat. I figured that if I hold the two straps of the shoulder harness together it will take some of the strain of the elastic and it should last longer. This isn't factory but probably should have been. Thanks for the photos, particularly the one with headliner removed. Now I know exactly what I was trying to locate with the tip of my finger !

- - - Updated - - -

BTW- "69 Hemi RT- nice '69! Mine is also red.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Just installed a 440 stroker. 505" with edelbrock heads and intake. Can't wait to get it all together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 165
Can you post any pics of your seat belts? I am trying to sort out the belts for my coronet convertible with bench seat. I also Have a 505" with Edelbrock heads, I just changed from holley 900hp to a 6 pack. your car looks great and you will really like that power combo. Thanks for the pictures if you can,Peter

Sorry Pete. I'll try to get some posted this week.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know why some of my pix when I post end up sideways? Some do and some don't although they are all on my ipad right side up?

Did you take the pic with a camera phone or the ipad? It will format the photo to computer like that if orientation was at 90*. Here you go:

image.jpg

Prop wash

how did you rotate the photo??

thanks

Jerry

- - - Updated - - -

Pete

photos attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 142
image.jpg

Hey Jerry, I use a free program called Paint.net

You can download it for free.

http://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html

Clink on the link pointed out by the arrow for download.

fff.jpg

It will download a zip file, clink on the zip file and the "exe" file for paint.net will download.

Once the program is open, you can simply drag a picture over it to open it up or just find it under "file" then "open".

To rotate a pic, go to "images" up top, scroll down to "Rotate"

I've used the program for years, even for work on occasion.

Hope it helps. Plenty of other photo/paint programs out there for free as well. Just search "free photo editor" or "free paint program"

Auto Transport Service
Back