• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Dodge Charger SE Seat Belts

Riggs196

Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering if anybody knew where to find information about seat belts for a 69 Dodge Charger SE. All of my original black seat belts were stolen. I can't remember if the seat belts were retractable or not. I swore the front 2 bucket seat belts were not retractable and I can't remember the back bench belts at all. Thank you for your time on this matter I appreciate it.
Rick

Hello,
I was wondering if anybody knew where to find information about seat belts for a 69 Dodge Charger SE. All of my original black seat belts were stolen. I can't remember if the seat belts were retractable or not. I swore the front 2 bucket seat belts were not retractable and I can't remember the back bench belts at all. Thank you for your time on this matter I appreciate it.
Rick
If you google “1969 Dodge Charger seat belt set“ there are a lot of vendors and individuals selling seat belt sets both reproductions and used-plenty of pics to view that will tell you what you need to know.
The front outer(door side)seat belt was retractable, all others were not including shoulder belts.

8BDD6027-DF2B-4E4A-8D71-64DAF53B1A54.jpeg

If you google “1969 Dodge Charger seat belt set“ there are a lot of vendors and individuals selling seat belt sets both reproductions and used-plenty of pics to view that will tell you what you need to know.
The front outer(door side)seat belt was retractable, all others were not including shoulder belts.

View attachment 1355045
Hello,
Thank you so much for replying and giving the info above I appreciate it. I just couldn't figure out what the original seat belt style was and when I looked online different companies had different option styles. I just want them to be just like they were in 1969.

Hello,
Thank you so much for replying and giving the info above I appreciate it. I just couldn't figure out what the original seat belt style was and when I looked online different companies had different option styles. I just want them to be just like they were in 1969.
You’re welcome! Sorry to hear your belts were stolen.
My Charger SE has the same seat arrangement yours does and the pic I posted is what you are after.
To my knowledge all ‘69 b bodies with buckets had the same seat belt arrangement.
My Charger and Super Bee for example have front buckets and identical seat belts other than color.
There are enough choices and black being the most common that you shouldn’t have a problem finding date code correct for your car.
So from left to right as you look at the photo:
1st 2: front bucket retractables
2nd 3: rear bench seat belts
3rd 2: front bucket seat shoulder belts
4th 3: rear bench seat belts
5th 2: front bucket seat/shoulder belts

3AC55533-FC58-4170-9C09-FFED8B883365.png

PG Classics in Ottawa has a Thanksgiving weekend sale on right now of up to 15% off select items. Ends tomorrow...

Discount code is TKSGVG22

Seat Belts

Thank you for all of your help. I bought those seat belts last night. I really appreciate your input on it. It made things a lot easier for me.

Hi. Since we’re on the topic…would non-shoulder belt cars have come with the extra buckle on the inside strap? My charger is a column shift buddy seat car with no shoulder belts but yet the inside straps (ex. driver bucket’s right side.) have the redundant buckle. Is this normal or are these non-numbers matching seatbelts?

I'm not sure about 68, but every 69 I've seen had shoulder belts. Likely removed. Did they remove the storage latch at the sunvisors?

1666398038321.png

Hard to say. My headliner looks original. If not original then pretty old but in good shape. Either way, no sign of shoulder belts other than the buckles on the seat belts.

My old 68 Charger (November 67 build date) did not come with shoulder belts and had chrome sun visor bases.

1666724565225.png

My current 68 Charger (build date 12/26/67) has shoulder belts and satin sun visor bases.

Auto Transport Service
Back