• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 hemi charger 500

You sir have the finest styling of all the second generation chargers out the. What Chrysler did to make the 69 500 charger was perfection.
It's very interesting putting this together seeing how they changed it from a Charger to a Charger 500. A lot of research to get where I'm at seeing how I got this 25 or so years ago completely disassembled missing most nuts, bolts and miscellaneous parts. It would of been a heck of a lot easier to take it apart and catalog parts then put it together again. I'm still learning where and what needs to be done to Finnish it. Examples 6 headliner bows? No actually 8 if you count the 2 short sail panel bows missing, had a tic tac clock with it in the boxes. Had it restored. Nope no hole in firewall for it. Came with a clock only. Have a distributor that I just assumed was for it but nope it's for a 70 440 6-pack. Grrrrrrrrr. Still need correct one. Back to the headliner. Watching videos of regular Chargers looks easy but trying to find out how they did the back around the rear window has me a little scared. Nice that I double ordered the headliner just in case. Hum did I get off course here? That's how this project has been. Start something find out you need certain part's, work on something else O boy needs this that and the other thing ect. Ron

I feel your pain Ron. I've bought a lot of stuff that I ended up not needing but thought I did, got ripped off by a painter, etc, etc. Three steps forward two back.. Hang in there, we have to for that end result reward.

Beautiful job, but the upper radiator crossbar should not be painted flat black, just the sides are. Not trying to be critical, just sayin'.

367299-e7bd1f6f119f66b5ab950bb03cbcf512.jpg

I feel your pain Ron. I've bought a lot of stuff that I ended up not needing but thought I did, got ripped off by a painter, etc, etc. Three steps forward two back.. Hang in there, we have to for that end result reward.
Yes the painter sting still doesn't sit well with me to this day. His word's were don't worry you'll get your money back. Bast@£$!

It's very interesting putting this together seeing how they changed it from a Charger to a Charger 500. A lot of research to get where I'm at seeing how I got this 25 or so years ago completely disassembled missing most nuts, bolts and miscellaneous parts. It would of been a heck of a lot easier to take it apart and catalog parts then put it together again. I'm still learning where and what needs to be done to Finnish it. Examples 6 headliner bows? No actually 8 if you count the 2 short sail panel bows missing, had a tic tac clock with it in the boxes. Had it restored. Nope no hole in firewall for it. Came with a clock only. Have a distributor that I just assumed was for it but nope it's for a 70 440 6-pack. Grrrrrrrrr. Still need correct one. Back to the headliner. Watching videos of regular Chargers looks easy but trying to find out how they did the back around the rear window has me a little scared. Nice that I double ordered the headliner just in case. Hum did I get off course here? That's how this project has been. Start something find out you need certain part's, work on something else O boy needs this that and the other thing ect. Ron

I know exactly what you are talking about. My '68 Charger was messed with by the previous owners and most of the original hardware was missing or put in other spots. Its been a ton of work finding what fasteners went where, and then trying to locate and purchase the stuff that isn't reproduced. Luckily I'm **** and enjoy tracking down the small items. By the way, beautiful work you're doing on the Charger! :thumbsup:

I know exactly what you are talking about. My '68 Charger was messed with by the previous owners and most of the original hardware was missing or put in other spots. Its been a ton of work finding what fasteners went where, and then trying to locate and purchase the stuff that isn't reproduced. Luckily I'm **** and enjoy tracking down the small items. By the way, beautiful work you're doing on the Charger! :thumbsup:
Thanks ! Yup latest example the clip that holds the throttle cable at the floor. There was one on eBay for $35. I couldn't justify paying that for this. Found one for free. That's a first.

20170621_132436.jpg

Thanks ! Yup latest example the clip that holds the throttle cable at the floor. There was one on eBay for $35. I couldn't justify paying that for this. Found one for free. That's a first.

View attachment 439524

I searched for that same clip myself. I was lucky to find one on ebay for $15, which was still a little steep in my opinion, but I needed it...

Auto Transport Service
Back