• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 K-member ID

vitamin c

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if a V-8 K-member is the same for big and small block? I need a 69 big block k-member and just want to make sure im looking for the right part,

Functionally yes... If you tell an A12 guy that you'll hear a whole different story.. There are at least three versions depending on production date and probably what plant...

And that doesn't address the 68/69 style sway bar mount provisions..

Well this is for an A-12 BEE , I don't know of any differences other than an early 69 date code. sway bar mounts are at the front edge?? maybe the E bodys are different.

I don't recall all the specifics, you might want to go to the A12 registry & ask, those guys are pretty "dedicated" :rofl: over there... And would know all the details...

My recollection is an A12 isn't really "early" There were two SPD's both sort of mid year.. The K members should have a typical 68-69 upper but a 70 lower stamping with provision for the sway bar to pass through the K member.. There's more to it than that but thats the big flag for a correct vs incorrect K on an A12

Last edited:
Here is a post on another site about the A12 K-members. grabbed this picture from that site below.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...id-1969-a12-cars-have-a-special-k-member.html

6195149-Kframedatecode14291c640x480withtext (1).jpg

Last edited:
Well this is for an A-12 BEE , I don't know of any differences other than an early 69 date code. sway bar mounts are at the front edge?? maybe the E bodys are different.
We can sit here all day talking about variations in the K members....

My suggeston is to go to the A12 forum with the most knowledgeable people on the planet for the answers you seek...
http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl

Auto Transport Service
Back