• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 69 Plymouth Roadrunner with Gen 3 hemi

Status
Not open for further replies.

19 69 GTX

Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Thinking of selling car as it sits. It's a true 69 Roadrunner no fender tag. Was an auto 383 car now a has a 2019 Hemi and 8hp70 trans in it. No it's not finished and doesn't currently run. This is not my first swap and it will not be hard to complete. These swaps aren't to bad really. Has USCT cut out on K member to allow use of stock hemi pan. Holley engine mounts as well as holley trans mount. Has new tti headers as well as new manual steering box. Car is solid except rear quarter have some mud in the lower sections and around wheel lip. Interior is good front seats just got new covers and foam. Take 38k no less title in my name. I'm really just kind of burned out on working on cars for awhile. Would possibly trade for newer challenger or crew cab truck 4x4 but cash is king. Located in Terre Haute Indiana. I have a hellcat engine that could go with car and I could pull 6.4 hemi. Price would go up obviously. Also i do have a complete front end rebuild kit with new upper control arms from Dr. DIFF

20230920_134514.jpg

20230920_134531.jpg

20230920_134436.jpg

20230920_134442.jpg

20230920_122503.jpg

20231016_140245.jpg

20231016_140256.jpg

I'm considering a 8HP70 swap for my '68, did you have to do any clearance work on the tunnel to fit it in?
Thanks, DC

I'm considering a 8HP70 swap for my '68, did you have to do any clearance work on the tunnel to fit it in?
Thanks, DC

Trim trans tabs and I used the Holley trans kit. You have to cut the center hoop part out and massage tunnel with a ball peen hammer where the hoop was. The holley hoop is much thinner but way stronger. You do not need to cut floor at all.

20231006_114813.jpg

No interest in car at all so build will slowly continue. It's an awesome swap . Did one on a 74 challenger last year. It's hard to go back once you have one. The drivability and fuel mileage was awesome. The low cruise rpm and power was great. If you got any questions ask

Your picture pretty much cleared up the questions I have. I have a A518 to build and put in but it looks like the same changes for it apply here. I've found the Holley parts you used online and they look to be priced low enough it's not worth fabbing anything. Nice. I will be running either of them behind my 383 so I'll be an adapter but in research I've found it is the same adapter and I will only have to workout the flex plate and I've seen where others have worked that out. I imagine with engine and trans you are running factory PCM. There are a few different contrller options but I think I'll build my own. I'm a programmer and there are people all over using Arduinos to control many different types of transmissions and this would be no different, just more gears.

LOL, I also have a '84 Mustang SVO and thought about a 8HP45 in it, that super low first couple of gears would really wake up that turbo 4.

If you have any other advice i'm all ears. There is no substitute for a person with experience.

Thanks for the help,
DC

I'm thinking about trying Sublime Technologies for engine because I can keep stock harness . Last swap used the Mopar crate kit which worked fine . I'll be using Sound German for the trans control.

I see a lot of people using Sound German and it seems in Europe and Australia they like to use Turbo Lamik. Since I'm running my 383 I don't have to worry about the engine but I have been watching a lot on the Sniper and F.A.S.T. throttle body injections, they hide under the breather and for the most part no one knows. I'm just trying to keep that stock look. Hard to deny the drivability and mileage of the new stuff though. LOL, my 383 will never run like a late model hemi but I dont' race anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back