• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 road runner rear window inside

72duster72

Local time
12:27 PM
Reaction score
C6F0A2C8-81C1-4F8F-AC04-3CE9FAEED57F.jpeg
I have a 69 Plymouth Road Runner what I’m looking for help with a picture preferably.the inside rear window what trim goes around to hold the roof liner in. Thanks for any help

Not sure whom may have that full welt trim. It's basically the same as the door welts. Maybe Richard can help us... he loves being bugged ! LOL @69bfan

If it’s not too much trouble can you measure how the width of it. I think I found some online 30 foot roll

Two different styles of rear window garnish trim was used on the 68 to 70 B-Body applications excluding the Chargers. The first type is a molded plastic material that is snaps around the perimeter of the glass. You have basically two pieces of material for the sides of the glass from the sail panel up into the center portion of the back glass with a small connector to join the pieces. A similar material piece was attached to the package tray to finish the edge at the bottom of the back glass. Typically, you will see this in cars equipped with the more deluxe interiors or higher optioned cars like the Coronet or GTX.

The other material is similar to the pinch weld material as found at the B-pillar area to finish the area at the quarter door panels. Unfortunately, the rear glass windlace uses a unique profile that is currently unavailable. You can use a generic windlace found at most automotive upholstery shops. It was quite common in the GM production cars of that era. It comes in a variety of colors in the "compact" windlace if your looking for something like a blue or red color. There is a "jumbo compact" windlace which has a larger "bulb" profile which works better, but is only available in black or white. You can purchase these by the linear feet at approximately $1.50 per foot for the compact style and the jumbo will run approximately $1.65 per foot.

Here's what the trim looks like on our 69 Road Runner. It's basically a plastic molding. I've also meassured the width and thickness for you. It may not be 100% accurate with holding the calipers in one Hand and taking the Picture with the other but should be close enough. I'm sure you will get the parts at a company like Classic Industries or YearOne but maybe a simple piece from the local hardware store will do as well.

IMG_20200519_123615.jpg IMG_20200519_123754.jpg IMG_20200519_124106.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back