• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Roadrunner saved from the crusher build

Another step in the process. Completed the ashtray and installed the vents. What a rusty mess!

IMG_1240.JPG
IMG_1241.JPG
IMG_1285.JPG
IMG_1286.JPG

Now I am back on the rust repair. Installing a new crossmember and rear valance with rear frame-rails. Could be a while.

RGAZ

your doing a great job on that RR ,LOOKING GOOD :thumbsup:

Think we must have gotten our runners from the same guy. LOL Yes you have put a lot of work into that RR. But once you get to the bolting on part it all seems worth it. Good luck and keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Installed this weekend and finally took a pic. (silver is weld-through primer)

IMG_0019.JPG

Now on to the roof replacement or maybe the rear valance and rails... A lot to go.
RGAZ

I think you are doing a great job. love watching the progress!

Did some number matching checks. Trunk gutter is a match.
IMG_0121.JPG

And verified the floor support locations were correct.

IMG_0080.JPG
IMG_0083.JPG

Now I will be removing the rear qtrs so I can prep for roof swap. Pic of my donor roof with the headliner bars marked:
IMG_0095.JPG

Now I get to weld in support braces and measure measure measure, then template and measure again, then cut and weld. LOL

RGAZ

Wow-weee...you're getting to it! Awesome. Making great progress.

Money is tight so on to a cheaper time intensive project. Rebuild of the steering column. Step one, clean and paint parts...

IMG_0304.JPG

Next, spend multiple weeks looking for someone to do the vinyl for my PRND21 letters...
IOVW6465.JPG

Discover a neat trick to make the square bolt assembly much easier. Just make the nuts the most loose and tape them down...

IMG_0307.JPG
IMG_0308.JPG

Next I will show the final assembly. Just waiting on my bushings and light bulb to show up....

Had to reset my bolt's twice so far. Those thing's are a real pain. LOL. Good job on the column so far. :thumbsup:

Mostly finished the column. I need a new steering wheel nut and the horn switch is shot.
IMG_0151.JPG
IMG_0152.JPG
IMG_0153.JPG

RGAZ

Classic sells the horn switch. Look's good for what you have done. Also they sell the wire with the little wheel on it.

Classic sells the horn switch. Look's good for what you have done. Also they sell the wire with the little wheel on it.

Thanks,

I was able to clean up and fix the little wheel so its working now. Looks like it was sliding in the past.

RGAZ

Auto Transport Service
Back