• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Super Bee rear window removal

doninpagosa

Local time
11:16 PM
Reaction score
I noticed that the rear window trim didn't fit very well so I decided to pull the trim and see if I could get a little better fit. I found that the trim had a total of 4 clips that were not broken. I need to remove the rear window and I really don't want to break the glass so I am looking for help. Does anyone have any good tips or tricks to help me get the glass out in one piece? Thanks in advance for any help!

Don

I'm gonna follow this thread with interest, I have two rear windows to remove! I belive the factory recommends some thin piano wire fished through the sealant and wrapped around two wood dowels to cut the sealant.

I noticed that the rear window trim didn't fit very well so I decided to pull the trim and see if I could get a little better fit. I found that the trim had a total of 4 clips that were not broken. I need to remove the rear window and I really don't want to break the glass so I am looking for help. Does anyone have any good tips or tricks to help me get the glass out in one piece? Thanks in advance for any help!

Don

I used stainless steel shark trace. Only because that's what I had kicking around the garage. I used some scrap wood as handles. Use a sawing motion. Its a two person job. The big key here is patients.

I use piano wire. You can get it a a auto body shop. Just poke a hole in the seal for the wire to go through,and have a buddy on one side,you on the other and saw your way around the window. Less chance of scratching the glass.

Stay off tempered glass edges with metal tools, and use water to lubricate and cool the process of removal. A cold knife[pictured above] works if you're careful or experienced. Piano wire is slower, but generally safer for a novice. Be glad it's only a butyl tape you're cutting, and not urethane.

Auto Transport Service
Back