• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 amp battery with red caps

ericisback

Local time
6:46 PM
Reaction score
Any recommendations on where to purchase a reproduction of the red caps, group 27, 70 amp battery, for 1969 mopars? I know they are pricey. How long will they last? Thanks!

The new ones have Odyssey PC925 batteries stuffed inside of them. My history with Odyssey's, in aircraft, is they last a good 11 years or more. I bought one of these scripts, in a 24 yellow cap, for my Bee in 2016 and it still cranks like new. This is in a car that generally ate a wet acid battery ever two years.

The new ones have Odyssey PC925 batteries stuffed inside of them. My history with Odyssey's, in aircraft, is they last a good 11 years or more. I bought one of these scripts, in a 24 yellow cap, for my Bee in 2016 and it still cranks like new. This is in a car that generally ate a wet acid battery ever two years.
Where can you get one?

Where can you get one?
No idea who has stock these days. The guy I bought mine from retired. I build my own now from old cases I pick up where ever I can. Must be a 440 or Hemi if you need a red cap. 383's in '69 B bodies used a yellow cap x 24 series

Make sure you click on "shipping". Red caps are "available" which means zero stock and they can be built. 12 to 24 week wait. Yellow and Green 24's are in stock it appears. Batteries for '64's are also "available".

Here is a picture of the same battery 15 minutes apart, using Weskcar kit on Walmart Group 27 battery.

P1090282.JPG

P1090284.JPG

P1090286.JPG

P3030019.JPG

P3030014.JPG

They do have stick on caps for flat top, maintenance free batteries. This is the one I bought

capped battery.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back