• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 B body drip rail molding - non vinyl top - hardtop

wwheel

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:58 AM
Reaction score
Does anybody have pics of the position of the ends of the drip moldings when they are installed? In particular the lower end of the windshield post and at the end the trim above the door where it meets the curved piece in back. Does the rail trim above the door overlap the curved piece in the back corner? Or reversed. With the new set I have, those seem to be about the same profile. Neither overlaps the other. My guess is that the short curved piece fits inside the longer piece above the door.

I made the mistake of not taping of the rail when it was painted and pretty sure I will need to trim that down first. Either way, will probably be tight and I only want to do this once.

Thank you.

Sorry, one last request. Pics of the clip that secures the lower windshield trim as it wraps around the windshield post.

Thanks

What kind of car? Pictures would help.

Here you go.

BA282FC9-A06E-4C38-8ED0-91D5C615C636.jpeg

27F2BEA4-7B90-4F19-B31B-8D051A41A33E.jpeg

5ED17841-4B2F-4041-B52A-04C27CE3BC40.jpeg

5672ECD8-691D-4AA0-AB1F-0268275BD369.jpeg

Thanks Mike that is prefect. Looks like the rear corner piece does fit into the longer drip rail piece. I will have to bend mine to fit. I can probably figure it out, but a pic of the clip that secures the lower windshield molding and where it attaches to the body would be nice. Looks like it screws in to the body.

I do appreciate the help. Doing the door and QTR window work has bogged me down. Seems like every corner i turn there is something else in my way. Never been good at the interior and trim pieces and fighting my way thorough it. The mechanical parts are much easier.

Thanks again.

Moulding snaps into clips that are screwed into the body.

Thanks Mike that is prefect. Looks like the rear corner piece does fit into the longer drip rail piece. I will have to bend mine to fit. I can probably figure it out, but a pic of the clip that secures the lower windshield molding and where it attaches to the body would be nice. Looks like it screws in to the body.

I do appreciate the help. Doing the door and QTR window work has bogged me down. Seems like every corner i turn there is something else in my way. Never been good at the interior and trim pieces and fighting my way thorough it. The mechanical parts are much easier.

Thanks again.
I will get you picture this morning. I know what you’re for now.

Auto Transport Service
Back