• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 B Body Rear Glass

My understanding, via Justin, was the glass is done in California!
So after reading more on your post it looks like I’ll call ECS later n Monday see what they might have.

So after reading more on your post it looks like I’ll call ECS later n Monday see what they might have.
That's why I linked to my restoration thread, so I didn't have to remember **** from 5 years ago and try to repeat myself accurately. Justin stated both ECS and AMD got the glass from the same place in California.. not me. I'm betting that ECS is just buying AMD glass and engraving it with date codes.. reminds me, they owe me a door VIN sticker.

Anyone know a manufacturer of the rear glass for a 70 B-Body? Having trouble locating glass here in AZ. I hear 2/3 recently folded but I don’t have any solid info.
Have you tried starting a WTB thread here yet?

This thread is starting to turn into a Wanted advert.....with at least one guy offering to sell you one.

On e-bay I found Auto City Classics, they sell OEM green tinted glass but do not offer etching services.

Using Google search I found ECS Auto Concepts, they sell the OEM green tint and also smoked, and they offer etching service OEM specs.

I have not yet bought any glass from either vendor so I cannot offer any comments on fitment or quality.

Hope this helps!!!

Sincerely,
Manzolds

Auto City Classic.jpg

ECS Auto Concepts.jpg

ECS Auto Concepts Glassjpg.jpg

Have you tried starting a WTB thread here yet?

This thread is starting to turn into a Wanted advert.....with at least one guy offering to sell you one.
Hey Kiwi the thing is we are discussing the quality and sourcing of a product. What’s been offered are used glass which I politely declined because I have better use of my time that polishing glass lol. Looks like we might be sol in having a quality source here for a common and basic component to iur cars that often needs to be replaced. That being said your comment is well taked maybe I should post a wtb and see what it brings up.

That's why I linked to my restoration thread, so I didn't have to remember **** from 5 years ago and try to repeat myself accurately. Justin stated both ECS and AMD got the glass from the same place in California.. not me. I'm betting that ECS is just buying AMD glass and engraving it with date codes.. reminds me, they owe me a door VIN sticker.
Your thread as you know is extremely helpful to many of us and that really is a legacy thing. Have you thought about all the people you have helped in the past by doing such a wonderful job? Have you thought how that effort lives on and all the people in the future who will benefit from it? Thank you so much for that work and restoration!

Your thread as you know is extremely helpful to many of us and that really is a legacy thing. Have you thought about all the people you have helped in the past by doing such a wonderful job? Have you thought how that effort lives on and all the people in the future who will benefit from it? Thank you so much for that work and restoration!
Thanks! Mostly, for me, it got me through some dark times and kept my brain busy. Wish someone would sticky it to the top of the restoration page though so we didn't have to go find it all the time...

Same situation for me. Restoration is nearing completion and it is time for the rear glass. AMD does not sound like a good option. Anyone have a good original in South Jersey? I'm willing to have it buffed as long as the scratches aren't deep.

Auto Transport Service
Back