• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger 500 Value?

The taillight panel has the wrong emblem. It should look like this:
IMG_20210706_192445590_HDR.jpg

Also, that orange car has chrome tailpipe extensions instead of the stock "turn downs" used on XP29N0G cars. Not a big deal as there are a lot of more costly things to address.

I'm confused. What is the condition of the trunk floor? I see a picture with virtually no trunk floor and another picture of a "good" floor.
My concern is that the "good floor" doesn't look that good either - so if it was replaced they didn't do a flash job on the painting i.e done on the cheap.
The car would need a full inspection before deciding on price - the rear frame rails could be shot, who knows?

It's a 4 speed 3.91 Charger in a sweet color combo. The rust is typical but not horrible,sheetmetal is available. The 400 block is the base for a killer low deck stroker motor! My friend runs consistant 10.30s with one in an all steel 66 Charger! I would go there with 25k cash and a trailer. Get it done!

I have an opportunity to purchase a running and driving 70 Charger 500. It's still with the family that bought it new, mostly original except 383 engine was replaced in 1972 with a 400 short block and stock 383 heads were put on. New interior was done "recently" has original 4 speed, sure grip rear end, and bucket seat w/ console. Needs lot of body work, every typical area has rust w/ worst spot being passenger rocker in front of tire. Rear windows seal is gone and silicon was used to patch/stuff holes, how much more rust would something like that cause? I'll post some pictures separately.

Thanks Nick
For comparison purposes, this car (no engine) is $25k firm.

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...pack-car-any-input-on-errors-or-value.221570/

It too is an interesting car and a '70 R/T is more desirable than a Charger 500.

If you like it buy it. Be prepared to do as much as possible yourself. 68-70 Chargers are red hot , also leaving our country quick due to the dollar value. 25G is a lot but it’s a factory go man go car , 4Spd big block that’s a lot of pros right there. Figure you’ll be gutting it back out to make sure it’s right and all the rear sheet metal will add up real quick. Go for it! It’s the only year you could get high impact colors!

The seller's asking price is 30k
Seller is fishing for a price that he will not get.
Non running, needing extensive rust repair and those WHEELS are detractors.
Big block, 4 speed, Sure Grip are pluses.
My guess....$20,000 tops.
THIS car is mechanically sound and only needs small patches at the lower quarters and it would sell for $18,000-20,000 within a week.
383-727-3.91 SG. 12" front discs, HD sway bars. Everything works.
0 Jiggy A.jpg
0 Jiggy B.jpg
JS 107.JPG

It isn't for sale though. Eventually, I'll paint it THIS color:

B 5 B.jpg

The floor pans were replaced by the seller. The story of the car is it’s been sitting since 78 in a field and the vinyl was ripped off years ago along with the carpet inside for whatever reason I don’t know. The seller got it up and running about 2 years ago and drives it in the weekends. There’s rust up on the driver side cowl as well.
I haven’t seen the underside of the car yet but hoping the frame isn’t rotted out

Seller is fishing for a price that he will not get.
Non running, needing extensive rust repair and those WHEELS are detractors.
Big block, 4 speed, Sure Grip are pluses.
My guess....$20,000 tops.
THIS car is mechanically sound and only needs small patches at the lower quarters and it would sell for $18,000-20,000 within a week.
383-727-3.91 SG. 12" front discs, HD sway bars. Everything works.
View attachment 1134646 View attachment 1134648 View attachment 1134650

It isn't for sale though. Eventually, I'll paint it THIS color:

View attachment 1134654
Finish the body work and I will give you $25,000 cash. :praying:

I'm confused. What is the condition of the trunk floor? I see a picture with virtually no trunk floor and another picture of a "good" floor.
One pic is the before of the floor. Currently the trunk pan is “new”

The taillight panel has the wrong emblem. It should look like this:
View attachment 1134632

Also, that orange car has chrome tailpipe extensions instead of the stock "turn downs" used on XP29N0G cars. Not a big deal as there are a lot of more costly things to address.

The consensus is early cars got the Charger arrow emblem and later cars got the 500 emblem on the tail panel and headlight cover. There's an old post on the 1970 Registry site.

Damn that thing is a heap!

30k? :fool:

I bought my '67 charger COMPLETE and ALL ORIGINAL from the ORIGINAL OWNER in very similar shape for $2800. And that was a 383 magnum/727/8.75 Suregrip car.

And then I bought a 75% finished Pro Street challenger project car for around 20k.

They come up every once in a while, I saw this all original running and driving '70 Charger 500 (383 2bbl auto) in Triple Black for $8000 with a clean title. Just missed out on it because timing was bad with just buying the Chally shortly before.

Screenshot_20210419-201007~2.png

My advice is just to wait a few months and find the right one, and save yourself $$$$ and time on the restoration.

Btw nice place! I'm on vacation in Kill Devil Hills 5mins away chillin' on the beach.

Sounds like the OP is looking for a good deal and they are out there or you just got to be quick and ready.
I did notice he has another thread out there, I believe for a coronet he’s looking at some pretty desirable cars anytime you’re looking at any Popular mopars be prepared to pay some good money because they’re only getting more expensive by the day it seems.

rust buckets are commanding big big money when it comes to 68 chargers, super bees, e bodies, gtxs etc

if there’s anything I’ve learned, is to just save more money and buy the best car you can afford.

Unless you’re a master welder then forget any of this and make it happen. I’ve seen some guys online buy pretzels and make them show winners

Sounds like the OP is looking for a good deal and they are out there or you just got to be quick and ready.
I did notice he has another thread out there, I believe for a coronet he’s looking at some pretty desirable cars anytime you’re looking at any Popular mopars be prepared to pay some good money because they’re only getting more expensive by the day it seems.

rust buckets are commanding big big money when it comes to 68 chargers, super bees, e bodies, gtxs etc

if there’s anything I’ve learned, is to just save more money and buy the best car you can afford.

Unless you’re a master welder then forget any of this and make it happen. I’ve seen some guys online buy pretzels and make them show winners
Been looking for a '70 Super Bee project for 5+ years now, and at this point I'd buy a stripped out shell but I won't pay more than 5k

Damn that thing is a heap!

30k? :fool:

I bought my '67 charger COMPLETE and ALL ORIGINAL from the ORIGINAL OWNER in very similar shape for $2800. And that was a 383 magnum/727/8.75 Suregrip car.

And then I bought a 75% finished Pro Street challenger project car for around 20k.

They come up every once in a while, I saw this all original running and driving '70 Charger 500 (383 2bbl auto) in Triple Black for $8000 with a clean title. Just missed out on it because timing was bad with just buying the Chally shortly before.

View attachment 1134952

My advice is just to wait a few months and find the right one, and save yourself $$$$ and time on the restoration.

Btw nice place! I'm on vacation in Kill Devil Hills 5mins away chillin' on the beach.

Everything lately is going for so much it's ridiculous. I'm still finding out more info on this Charger like frame condition and all.
While your down here its definitely worth a drive down to Hatteras if you've never been. For food try Mama Kwans and Blue moon cafe they're great restaurants. Have a great time while your here!

I love chargers. My first car was a charger. Had another after that. I restored chargers before cars were getting "restored". I love chargers. I would never pay any ridiculous, overpriced amount for a charger.

Auto Transport Service
Back