• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger Drip Rail Delete?

RXTREME

Local time
4:54 PM
Reaction score
Havent got to this part in my partial 1970 Charger resto mod build but could someone do a upper side drip rail delete so its just smooth? I know it wouldnt be too helpful in rain but other than that?

It would look like a man without eyebrows.
I've seen customs without them. They just look strange.

CF 40.JPG

CF 42.jpg

It is your car to do as you wish but to me, there are things about these cars that just belong and shouldn't be altered.
Just an opinion...feel free to disregard.

When I see a car without driprails I think why? And how rusty and bondo ridden is this car?
Not how nice it looks. But that's just me.
Does your car have rust? Fix it. It will be worth more.

Every time I see one done I just want to puke. Might as well shave the door handles and put Lambo doors on it while you’re at it.

If it’s a Resto mod I don’t see anything wrong with it. Not exactly novel - the 70 Firebird and Camaro pioneered it way back then. Always a pain in the rain with my old Firebird but then not many of these see much rain any more.

Agreed. Will just look wrong. 99% of all these customs just ruin a Charger. The 68-70 Charger was 100% perfect from the factory.

To me if your going all out with the resto mod look, tucked and or molded bumpers , complete shave, all glass trim ect.
Huge wheels and rubber band tires. Lights in the wheel tubes, ground effect lighting.
LS transplant ?
Sure shave those rails they will stand out at that point.
Nothing wrong with a full blown custom but JMHO if your going it's all the way or nothing.

Should it rain and you open the window,you are getting a bath! They were put there for a reason!

Auto Transport Service
Back