• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'70 Charger front end alignment

70 Charchar

Local time
7:34 AM
Reaction score
Please help! Anyone in the Louisville, KY area? Took my '70 Charger to get new tires and aligned. Told I needed lower bjoints(huh!) Okay, so I, my own guy, puts on new,and while he's at it,new inner and outer wheel bearings. Take it to K-tire; big mistake. After 3 trips and 4 days and new cam bolts, they tell me they can't get it right and don't know what's wrong. Took it to T's; 50 year, 3 generation shop, but no help either? Also, can someone post a pic and correct part number for the correct cam bolts? Any help would be much appreciated.

Not sure if you are still running the original lower control arm bushings, but if worn it’s not possible to align the front wheels properly.

Camber Bolt Adjusters | QA1

If you can't find decent originals, QA1 sells reproductions. Summit, Amazon.....
Moog offset control arm bushings also help get more adjustment. Find someone around 60 years old to do the alignment. Young guys usually don't have a clue as to how to set up these old rides.

My alignment guy closed his shop down, not going to be easy to find someone else who can properly align old school Mopars!

I think at this point, we have to learn to do it ourselves. All the shops around me use a computer alignment rack, and it only goes back to the 1985my. Christ, the Firestone shop I bought front tires from had to call corporate to allow the sale of the tires because my ‘68 Plymouth didn’t have the new for 1981 VIN.

Camber Bolt Adjusters | QA1

If you can't find decent originals, QA1 sells reproductions. Summit, Amazon.....
Moog offset control arm bushings also help get more adjustment. Find someone around 60 years old to do the alignment. Young guys usually don't have a clue as to how to set up these old rides.
Thanks guys, especially you hunt. I've gotta give credit to T's. They did get it figured out. The new cam bolts were put in upsidedown and stripped. Put in new ones from qa1, and back on the road!

What is the ride heigth set at? If your ride height is not right you will have trouble getting it set right. Also what steering’s are you trying ty achieve?

Auto Transport Service
Back