• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 GTX Bench Seat?

Nxcoupe

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:32 AM
Reaction score
Could a 70 GTX be ordered with a bench seat, no console? I know road runners could, but I thought GTX had buckets standard? Thanks.

yes you could have bench seat in a 70 GTX
6286062-70_Satellite0003_600.jpg

The P3 - "premium grade" cloth & vinyl bench was an OPTION in the '70 GTX.

P3X9 for black. I’ve seen some over the years. Talk about not a great look over the bucket seats IMO.

The Mod Squad had a loaded up red 70 GTX on one episode with a bench interior, and A/C, PW, 8 track and wood wheel.

Thanks guys, was watching Street Outlaws Vegas last night and JJ was driving a 70 with black bench and pistol grip. Beautiful car.

My first GTX had the bench seat with a column auto. Bought the car in spite of the seat, I probably would still have it today if it had been buckets and a console. I still have the wife though, 45 years later. It was the only bench seat '70 GTX I ever saw on the street back in the day. The passenger's side head rest is visible through the windshield if you look closely.

70 GTX.jpg

The P3 - "premium grade" cloth & vinyl bench, was available in Black, Blue & Burnt Orange.

Auto Transport Service
Back