• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 GTX in NE

70GETEX

Local time
4:11 PM
Reaction score
GTX - 61 small.jpgGTX - 1 small.jpgGTX - 21 small.jpgGTX - 31 small.jpgGTX - 41 small.jpgGTX - 51 small.jpgHey all,
I am new to FBBO and just bought a 70 GTX that is about 80% done. FY4 Light Gold Metallic with black interior. I also have a 74 Cuda that is a show car/street bruiser with a 512 600HP/600 ft.lbs indy headed stroker and A-833 4 speed. The GTX was in drivable condition with a fresh 440 and 727 trans. It needs the entire interior redone and wiring on the dash redone. It does run & drive but none of the gauges or heat/air work. As you can see from the pics I also need some of the trim pieces on the front/grill area and the rear/trunk/taillight panel. The engine bay, paint/body work, glass, stainless, bumpers and in really nice condition as it is a fresh un-finished restoration. The guy that was in the process of restoring was really doing excellent work but ran into financial trouble (divorce) from what I was told. Anyway I picked it up and plan to complete it over the winter months. I already ordered seat covers,door panels, headliner,carpet etc from Legendary and have had one shipment from Year One so if my credit card can keep up I should be close to having it complete by spring/summer. I have picked up some good info from this site already! thanks for all the info/pictures!

Mike

Welcome, I like the color combo, sure don't see many like that
440+6

1970 GTX FY4 rare OR not common color ??

I had a FY4 1970 Roadrunner I bought from Plymouth dealer in spring of 1972 in Rochester N.H.. Had black vinyl top like yours but, had the gold interior with buckets..Since I owned it yours is the first 1970 GTX/ Roadunner I have ever seen with the FY4 color..I look all the time and have never found one.. I did not see one in the 70's either ? I can not think many came with FY4 .I think the only interior you could get was the gold , white or the black with FY4...1970 is the best year for GTX or Roadrunner..Selling my 69 RR and want 70 GTX or RR..I'll take yours...Sweet GTX...

Thanks guys. 70RR, I have never seen one FY4 before either. It has to be a pretty rare color I'm guessing. My plan on this car is to re-do the interior complete and get the gauges all back working correctly and try to sell her this spring/summer. I really want a FC7 Plum Crazy/In-violet car but this was such a nice car I had to grab it!

Welcome Mike to FBBO, you will love it here, very cool 70 GTX, I love the Gold & Black

Welcome, Mike! Great car!

IMG_2710.jpgIMG_2711.jpg
Thanks guys. 70RR, I have never seen one FY4 before either. It has to be a pretty rare color I'm guessing. My plan on this car is to re-do the interior complete and get the gauges all back working correctly and try to sell her this spring/summer. I really want a FC7 Plum Crazy/In-violet car but this was such a nice car I had to grab it!

Nice car and I know what you mean!!!

Great looking 70 and welcome aboard the forum!

:welcome: Real nice GTX, love the 70's. I settled for a 68' but I love it.

great looking GTX! nice to see a fellow Nebraskan on here...I used to cruise G.I. in high school.

welcome to the site ,I love them 70's ,I started a post for posting photos of 70 RR GTX and Sat's ,if you get a chance post some up thanks for phosting :headbang:

great looking GTX! nice to see a fellow Nebraskan on here...I used to cruise G.I. in high school.
I used to cruise Locust street back in the 70's early 80's. Had Black Trans Am's back in those days. Smokey and the Bandit had a big influence on me back then but hey it was about the only thing with a 400 Big block engine in those days even though it only had 220HP in the performance model! Thanks for all the replies guys!

- - - Updated - - -

welcome to the site ,I love them 70's ,I started a post for posting photos of 70 RR GTX and Sat's ,if you get a chance post some up thanks for phosting :headbang:

I will get some pics posted on your RR/GTX post, sounds like a good idea! I like to see all of the 70 models to see what they are supposed to look like and all of the different colors/options they have.

Auto Transport Service
Back