• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 GTX pictures

Thanks for the comments, guys! I have owned it since August of 1983, before the muscle car craze even started. I paid $1700 for it. Well worth the money I would say.

It was a Virginia car so the rust was very minor. It was all numbers matching until the tranny went in 85, and I had it replaced. Stupid me didn't know any better to keep the original case, but it had been internally gouged by driving it with the 2nd gear band broke for too long.

All other numbers match. It was built on June 25th of 1970, so it is a VERY late build for a 70. The latest build date I have seen is July 11th, for a GTX.

Hey 70X - I also paid $1700. for mine in '81. It was originally the same color as yours - deep burnt orange - but I never saw it that color as it had been repainted black before I bought it. The interior and the inside of the engine compartment were still the original color, though. Great looking car! Here's a pic of mine from about 1982.

GTX + 009 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
posted already in the 66-70 pictures but here it is again. two tone 70 GHX V-code 4spd car

DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0286.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

Love your 6 pak GTX! Was that top painted like that from the factory? I've never seen that before.

I looked at a 70 GTX V-code back around 1988, that had a green gator grain top on an FK5 car. It was very strange, but the fender tag said it was true. The rare thing was that the gator grain was discontinued in november of 69, so there could not have been too many like that made.

Canadian ordered car, proper two tone. had to be put on though car came with only the side stripes. looked very plain just orange. decoding the tage and seeing all the options was a nice find

Wow, daveg - that's really cool. Great color, too.

Love your 6 pak GTX! Was that top painted like that from the factory? I've never seen that before.

I looked at a 70 GTX V-code back around 1988, that had a green gator grain top on an FK5 car. It was very strange, but the fender tag said it was true. The rare thing was that the gator grain was discontinued in november of 69, so there could not have been too many like that made.

painted top was a rare option my 69 is coded for it but now has a vinyl top

Attachments

• P9180044.JPG
    P9180044.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 359
we had one of those as well. f8 green, 440+6 auto on the column, green interior with buddy seat and air grabber. had the green and the orange at the same time. one had to go and the orange one was cleaner... not to mention 4spd. car was sold to Kevin Easton and then sold again to my fathers cousin. it is now a western Canada car.

Really nice GTX's you all have. I really like the 70 GTX-Roadrunner body style ! Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back