• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Percent of Ground Beef at Supermarkets Contains ‘Pink Slime’

Thanks Mario, We already hashed it out so i cant say much... my jaw still hurts lol... Anyway..
hungry-2.gif

Thanks Mario, We already hashed it out so i cant say much... my jaw still hurts lol... Anyway..
hungry-2.gif

LOL not a problem, Ron.

btw...this pic wasn't of you was it??? lmao

Attachments

• people-caught-in-the-act-10.jpg
    people-caught-in-the-act-10.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 122
here is a mini bio to let you know i know a bit about of what i speak. i have been in and around the meat business since 1975, 37 yrs.. 15 of those years was driving truck all over north america hauling meat and produce. i have hauled from all the big players in canada to some of the smallest players that were all federally inspected and delivered to most major cities in u.s.a. and a couple in mexico. 26 yrs ago i got off the hiway and started my own wholesale meat business serving butcher shops and independent grocery stores, i knew where to buy it and how to transport it. my warehouse is goverment inspected weekly not daily because i do not cut or open anything and i maintain a "AAA" rating, the highest possible.

anybody and everybody who is reading this thread and eats beef has ate the misleading term "pink slime" and you are still alive and healthy. the industry term is trimmings and with out it your burger would taste like poop and be very chewy. there is a certain percentage of every carcass that is none desireable for food consumption and is rendered to make by products, lard, shortning and many other products. the remainder is trimmings which are used to make or be used in other edible products. with out it remember, poop and chewy.

we here in north america have the most and best meat production standards in the world. yes there are some unscrupulous purveyors out there that will try and do it there way and screw it up or some disgruteled employees doing some thing stupid, ie; pink slime.

my .02 cents

Another beef tid bit...Back in the old days the goverment said that beef should be aged from 6 to 8 weeks...This means that it is hung up in coolers..To help out the beef industries they dropped the standard to 3 to 4 weeks...So the beef companys have a quicker turn around...This is why beef doesn,t taste as good as it used to..
Petty Blue 67 GTX

They aren't worried about turnaround time. The aging process is about essentially drying the meat out, so the longer it ages, the more moisture is lost. Since most meats are sold by the pound, the more moisture in the meat the heavier it is and the more it can be sold for.

Government meat yum.

My best friend is a union butcher for safeway here in NorCal and there is nothing they can do except package it and sell it The only suggestion is to have your butcher grind up some loin right then, pick it off the shelf and ask him to grind it into ground. They are a full service shop and will have to do it.

Auto Transport Service
Back