• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Road Runner instrument panel question

Tuco

Local time
7:13 AM
Reaction score
Someone else had assembled the gauges and panel. After putting it in the dash and wiring it up it looks off. There is a large gap between the gauges (especially the tach and speedo) and the lens. Is this correct?

61582953-8FFC-4396-9D0E-695A3B3F022D.jpeg

I'm gonna go far out on a limb and say... I don't think you should be seeing the edges of the gauges in the instrument panel.

Thanks for the pictures. That’s more like I thought it should look. For the life of me I can’t figure out why there is such a gap. The gauges are flush to the housing and the housing is flush against the faceplate.

Something is missing or ?????? Fuel gauge does not look right either.

Thanks for the pictures. That’s more like I thought it should look. For the life of me I can’t figure out why there is such a gap. The gauges are flush to the housing and the housing is flush against the faceplate.
I think you are missing the black defuser/border that goes around the gauges.

Are the diffusers available somewhere? I’ve been looking for something like that. Not sure what to call them in search.

Something doesn't look right with the way it's mounted. Here are pictures of mine.

Here is the back of the cluster when I was working on it years ago.
IMG_0930.JPG

Here is when I restored my car without the bezel.
IMG_3281.JPG

Maybe this helps?

Something is missing. Is there something black that goes between the lens and the gauge?
B4ED845A-94C5-48B0-B85D-A395D24B6F6C.jpeg
9D0EEBAC-9AC4-4FC8-BDEA-2DE995C1650A.jpeg
E65E55B5-580D-4EA9-BC13-7AD7262B912C.jpeg

I think this is what I’m missing. Found this picture on the net. Any idea what it’s called?
11DDF950-5BA6-426B-9E1A-6E7818E4AB98.png

Factory parts manual calls it a mask. Lens/mask assembly.

Auto Transport Service
Back