• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Road Runner - Plug & Play LED Tail/Stop Lights?

The adapter allows the use of the factory connector. Your link shows a flasher for incandescent bulbs. You can make some short jumpers but I liked the cleaner look. I didn't have much luck with the non grounded flashers.

Despite the refence to incandescent bulbs on that flasher, I’m running those on several full LED conversions without issue. As I said, there are two-pronged electronic flashers that will work with LEDs without the need for a ground wire.

If there is a polarity issue, very easy to just swap the terminals in the factory connector, no need for an adapter or jumpers. No change in appearance.

For me stock parking light bulbs and LED taillights, the stock flasher worked.
LED parking lights and LED taillights required an electronic flasher. I used a neutral polarity flasher, grounded to the ashtray frame, so I didn’t have to mess with the factory plug.
My stock hazard flasher still works, but slightly slower flash rate. I left it along.

If you are mostly interested in the Brightness of the Turn/Brake, you can go the K.I.S.S. route and use a 2357 standard incandescent Bulb. The 'Running Light' is the same as an 1157 so as not to over heat the housing, however the Turn/Brake is considerably Brighter. The 2357 is available in Amber and Clear.

The Yokim brand on Amazon is three times as bright and works with the stock flasher.

i used 3 different flashers to test as all my running and turn /brake lights are led i used a united pacific led flasher 90650

Regarding the LED string module supplied by DigiTails, I actually have this part. The modules are designed to drop into the factory tail light. To connect to the OE wiring harness, they provide output wire leads and male bulb socket bases are available so the entire assembly plugs into the OE wiring harness. I attached a picture of the LED modules....

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

View attachment 1564937
I've always held off on these because I didn't want to cut into the harness. So you mean to get something like this in the pic below and use them to connect to the digitails instead of cutting into the harness right? I may bug you about what color goes to what. :) Have you done this before? What a great idea! Thanks!
1702672708632.jpeg

I've always held off on these because I didn't want to cut into the harness. So you mean to get something like this in the pic below and use them to connect to the digitails instead of cutting into the harness right? I may bug you about what color goes to what. :) Have you done this before? What a great idea! Thanks!
View attachment 1573678
Yup...
Those are the rite connectors, they splice into the wire leads for the digitails making it a Plug&Play while still maintainin the OE wiring harness...

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

View attachment 1573678
i would not use these as a replacement led system with the flasher i recommended work as normal you could not tell and so bright !!!

i would not use these as a replacement led system with the flasher i recommended work as normal you could not tell and so bright !!
Thanks. I understand. I saw them in person because there is 70 charger in my town that has them installed and they're not too bright. In todays traffic, I'm a defensive driver since I love driving on weekends and I already have LED 1157 in the tail lights with the electronic flashers and it makes a big difference. I might give it a try, but I'm not in a rush.

Auto Transport Service
Back