• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Road Runner V-Code

Matthew Miller

Local time
3:40 AM
Reaction score
I thought I would change it up a little.
I have had these wheels for a while. They are 14x6's All dated coded set to the car.
Wheels are Sept 69, the Car was built in October 69.

Per the Broadcast Sheet the car came with steel wheels. When I bought it had the Rallye's on it.
Guys either love them or hate them.
I kind of like them.

PS 2.jpg Steel Wheel.jpg Steel and Caps.jpg

I had steel Rallye wheels on my 70 V code and fell in love with the look.
I sold them once I had the 17" Year One aluminum Rallye wheels on it for a while and realized that was what I want.
I like the look so much that I need to eventually make time to find a company that can widen the 9 x 17s and set the offset if and when I mini tub the rear for huge fatties. That's how much I like the look.
20201008_164925.jpg

Completely changes the look of the car. Looks great with either one, that’s the beauty of it all!

I have had these wheels for a while. They are 14x6's All dated coded set to the car.

Per the Broadcast Sheet the car came with steel wheels. When I bought it had the Rallye's on it.
I kind of like them.

View attachment 1017633 View attachment 1017635 View attachment 1017637
Love the rally but painted wheels are my favorite , yours looks fantastic either way ,NICE !

I kind of like them.

View attachment 1017633 View attachment 1017635 View attachment 1017637
That car looks good either way, but I am partial to the steel wheel with center caps

I agree it completely changes the look of the car.

This is a low option car.
No PS or PB only options are 3 speed Wipers and AM radio.

Side Stripes, Hood Pins, Tach/Clock, Exhaust Tips were added. Dealer put the HP's on.

Pretty basic car. That's why I wanted to throw the Steel Wheels on to see how it looked.

Great looking car you have there, I like the steelies on road runners and rallye on gtx.
IMG_2364.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back