• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 roadrunner air grabber switch

68 440+6 R/T

Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
On a 70 roadrunner how was the air grabber switch mounted to the dash? I know that in 1970 on rallye dash's there was an oval stamped into the dash for the revers warning light on 4 speed cars. Did they use the same hole for the air grabber switch or did they stamp another hole in the dash just for air grabber cars?

This should help. Not the same hole. Here is a Factory 4 speed Air grabber panel..
70 Roadrunner/GTX Dash Lower Trim Panel For Air Grabber Car - Moparts Forums
AG%20Panel%20GTX%202.jpg

does the air grabber switch screw into to screws holding the bezel on? Or is it screwed in separately
Don't know exactly but I think you cut a hole in the steel frame and the switch screws to that then the bezel goes over that.. The switch needs to be installed the right way I think "up" is open.. I know The 4 speed light just gets a nut on the backside (no screws) and the 4 speed light has a special wire harness with a ground wire on it since the panel is plastic...

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back