• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Roadrunner Air Grabber Vacuum Canister

SixBarrelBill

Local time
2:47 AM
Reaction score
Hello fellow MOPAR friends! After 30 years of owning my 70 Roadrunner I am going to install an air grabber hood! Originally it did not have the N96 option so I'm gathering all the components.

I'm currently looking for the correct vacuum canister that sits in the engine compartment. Through my research, it seems like the correct part is a Trico vacuum canister P-88595. Can anybody confirm that?

I have found a used one for sale on ebay with a part number P-85595-41. Not sure what the 41 means and it seems to be in good condition. I have not posted a wanted add here yet to see if a member has one for sale instead of ebay.

Just trying to figure out if this canister would be correct for a 70 Roadrunner N96.

Thanks, Bill

vacuumCanister1.jpg
vacuumCanister2.jpg

Well, i was the owner of a 71 Hemi GTX, for 28 years, so i know about air grabber hoods.
The vacuum canister, with those vacuum fittings on it, aren't correct for a 70-71 RR, or GTX.
So how original do you really want to be?

Since it's not a numbers matching car I would just like to be somewhat close and actually have it function as it should. I've already bought the hose and clip set from YearOne so I'm not actually sure what the nipples on the canister should look like.

That is the vacuum canister that does under the battery tray and is correct for Superbird, 68 & 69 Chargers. The RR unit is about 1/2 the size or less and mounts to the firewall.

Nipples should be equal size like this. I think the number you need is P-85595. Your "-41' version looks like it fits Oldsmobile and other GM cars.
upload_2020-5-10_19-5-54.png

Last edited:
This is the correct one, with the nipples.

Oops, too late on finding the picture in my files.

Air Grabber Vacuum Canister.jpg

Thanks guys for the quick response! I'll forget the one I posted pics of and post a wanted ad here for the correct one.

Thanks again!

Thanks guys for the quick response! I'll forget the one I posted pics of and post a wanted ad here for the correct one.

Thanks again!
Pretty sure someone repops those things now a days.
Do a search, if your not that picky.

Don't know why SNAKEEYES would give me a Red X on this, but i think it's Classic Industries, or P G Classics that has them.
Hey Snakey, why not do a search before you Red X something.

Last edited:
Other than the different sized nipple, that GM one is cheaper as it was more commonly used. If you can get a hose over it, I'd put it to use.

Maybe because the repop looks like a bean can?? Not Red X worthy though :)
See, the op of this topic did his own research, after i stated i thought that they are repoped.
If he just went by that guys Red X, and then thought they aren't repoped he would have gotten false, incorrect, information.

Auto Transport Service
Back