• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 RR Carpet Replacement

PlumcrazyRR

Local time
3:36 AM
Reaction score
Got a question on the replacement carpet for my 70 RR. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy the replacement carpet? I have seen a lot of options out there and I was just wandering if anyone has had some good experiences with fit and quality and also bad experiences, so I can stay away from those. Also, as far as sound deadener or insulation under the carpet goes, what are the best options for that? I also just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone on the website for helping me with the rebuild on my RR. Without you guys and this website I definitely would be struggling.

there are pretty much only 2 companies who actually make it. All the rest are resellers. ACC & Trim parts mfrs.

Perfect timing, I just got my carpet last weak. I purchased Trim Parts carpet (made in the USA) fit great and had the original loop style carpet, heal pad, and came with dimmer switch trim. Don't try to install it right off the bat, I sat mine in the car for a couple days where it was warm to get the shape back from being boxed up. It comes with quiet a bit of padding as is but I had already insulated mine prior to that. I used Bonded Logic insulation from summit racing, it is a lot more affordable than Dynomat and worked great. It is foil backed on both sides (if you buy the "super insulator") and comes in 4X6 sheets at 28.95. I would recommend using they're "sticky stuff mat adhesive" I know it's just contact cement but it sprays in a more focused pattern and seams to bond a lot better because of it. The carpet can also be purchased at Summit Racing. Good luck

Thanks. Look like Trim Parts carpet it is. I will let everyone know how it turns out in my resto thread.

Perfect timing, I just got my carpet last weak. I purchased Trim Parts carpet (made in the USA) fit great and had the original loop style carpet, heal pad, and came with dimmer switch trim. Don't try to install it right off the bat, I sat mine in the car for a couple days where it was warm to get the shape back from being boxed up. It comes with quiet a bit of padding as is but I had already insulated mine prior to that. I used Bonded Logic insulation from summit racing, it is a lot more affordable than Dynomat and worked great. It is foil backed on both sides (if you buy the "super insulator") and comes in 4X6 sheets at 28.95. I would recommend using they're "sticky stuff mat adhesive" I know it's just contact cement but it sprays in a more focused pattern and seams to bond a lot better because of it. The carpet can also be purchased at Summit Racing. Good luck

FYI a Mopar never came out of the factory with that DIMMER SWITCH trim.
That's a GM thing.

I saw a you tube video where they used a windshield sealer that comes in rolls like weather strip and they rolled it out in pencilor smaller strips and only used it in critical areas. I know my factory carpetwas not glued and I was thinking about using a spray adhesive. If I do I'll never be able to move it or remove it without tearing crap up and knowing myself I have to fit everything a few times before I get it just right, so I think I'll go with the removeable sealer. They also had another cool trick where it overlaps if it wont quite fall smoothly and wants to popup a bit some where. They got some sticky backed velcro and stuck the hook side to the top piece and the hooks grabbed and held the top carpeted side of the bottom piece.

I have always used ACC.But the last time I bought carpet it seemed like the loop was a lot thinner than it used to be.The carpet seemed cheaper made.

RJS. Did not know that, maybe they should have seeing how it looks a lot better. Nevertheless I'm not doing a factory correct restoration and would rather have it trimmed. Thanks for the info

Auto Transport Service
Back