• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 RR Headlight Replacement

TL44

Local time
6:19 PM
Reaction score
The drivers side, low beam headlight on my 70 Road Runner needs to be replaced. How do you access it to remove it? I'm not even able to see the plug connector let alone get to it. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

The drivers side, low beam headlight on my 70 Road Runner needs to be replaced. How do you access it to remove it? I'm not even able to see the plug connector let alone get to it. Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Remove the ring. 3 screws. You may need to remove the bezel as well.

Here

0F58C35C-413C-4D0B-97F7-352B70BF510E.jpeg

After loosening the three screws that hold the headlamp in place, rotate it slightly and pull it off. The screws go through a keyway so you don't have to remove them entirely. When the trim is off, the light can be pulled out (will likely fall out) and you can then pull off the connector.

Auto Transport Service
Back