• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 72 Dodge Charger Super Bee Vinyl Top Trim Molding Clips

NoCar2023

Local time
5:55 PM
Reaction score
All the re-pop vendors sell this kit and it is short a few pieces needed for a complete install.
The kit only comes with enough pieces to do the sides.
3 more studs and 2 more plastic clips are needed for the two rear moldings.

Capture1.PNG

Probably don't want to hear it but buy 2 kits... Lots of these kits are made for one model and need more pieces to do others...

Probably don't want to hear it but buy 2 kits... Lots of these kits are made for one model and need more pieces to do others...
Yep, that's the plan. just wanted to make folks aware.
I am in contact with the vendor now, maybe I can get them to update the quantity or clarify the description.

Yep, that's the plan. just wanted to make folks aware.
I am in contact with the vendor now, maybe I can get them to update the quantity or clarify the description.

At least you got nice V. top trim at a great price!!!:thumbsup:

At least you got nice V. top trim at a great price!!!:thumbsup:
Pic of the trim mocked up.
Now I need to get off the couch and finish the quarter panel body work.
Previous owner ground off all the nubs for the clips, gotta figure that out.

20181214_161747.jpg

Pic of the trim mocked up.
Now I need to get off the couch and finish the quarter panel body work.
Previous owner ground off all the nubs for the clips, gotta figure that out.

View attachment 691313

I have a bunch of NOS crash panel trim clips. They use screws with sealant on them for just this purpose so you do not need to put studs on, you screw clips right into the metal. Maybe an option if you don't have a stud gun...

IMG_7817.JPG

I have a bunch of NOS crash panel trim clips. They use screws with sealant on them for just this purpose so you do not need to put studs on, you screw clips right into the metal. Maybe an option if you don't have a stud gun...

View attachment 691367
That would be a good option but I have these ordered, just need to install them correctly. the body has a weird (coke bottle) shape in that area.
MOLDING CLIPS TRIM SCREWS STUDS

studs.PNG

That would be a good option but I have these ordered, just need to install them correctly. the body has a weird (coke bottle) shape in that area.
MOLDING CLIPS TRIM SCREWS STUDS

View attachment 691372

Same idea with-out the thread sealant. Should work fine..

Update, Dante's is the vendor and they are sending me the remaining parts for free.
You don't find customer service like that very often.
Thanks gtx67.

Update, Dante's is the vendor and they are sending me the remaining parts for free.
You don't find customer service like that very often.
Thanks gtx67.
:thumbsup:

Went through that installation as well, used some of my originals that were still in good shape. My only hassle was sliding the side chrome trim over that plastic clips, was very tight and really was trying not the scratch my paint.

I almost removed the nibs to use one of the metal pieces just for ease, but with some trickery I was able to successfully install them.

Let us know how it goes.

42226765220_29fed20d17_z.jpg

43317117154_9188612be1_z.jpg

42226820160_8461879ef2_z.jpg

Went through that installation as well, used some of my originals that were still in good shape. My only hassle was sliding the side chrome trim over that plastic clips, was very tight and really was trying not the scratch my paint.

I almost removed the nibs to use one of the metal pieces just for ease, but with some trickery I was able to successfully install them.

Let us know how it goes.

View attachment 692159

View attachment 692160

View attachment 692161
Hey Charger72 could I see a picture of the vinyl trim how it mates to the 1/4 window trim? Thanks

Finally got off the couch and did some work. sanding the areas where the trims nubs used to be revealed there precise location.

20181227_144306.jpg 20181227_145323.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back