• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71-72 RR/GTX production/color

Vert

Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
Hi,
Finally registered here. Been a Mopar guy since I could read. Have a 71 Barracuda now. Had a 69 GTX, 71 Charger, 70 Challenger, 09 Challenger, drive a Hellcat, and currently considering 2 projects. 71 RR triple Black kit(partly disassembled), and a 72 GY9 RR P-code. I know both are relatively low production colors. Anybody have a registry that has any level of detail on color breakdown?
Thanks for any help.
Vert

Welcome aboard from NJ. You are definitely in the right place now. If you could, please post up some pictures, even old ones as we all love car ****!

color is broken down as a percentage of sales, not actual numbers

given a choice between the 2
the numbers really don't matter
go with black,gold cars get a lot less love...

Welcome aboard from NJ. You are definitely in the right place now. If you could, please post up some pictures, even old ones as we all love car ****!
charger71.png
This GY9 71 Charger SE was my favorite. I swapped out the original 383 and Torqueflite for a hot 440 and 18 spline 4-speed with pistol grip. Bought her in 74, sold in 84... Regretted since.

If you want a project I have a matching number 2 fender tag 71 GTX fc7 with white guts. Only 100 purple ones made I heard and even less with white guts.....

283C1134-6E3E-4326-9BF0-A2BD290321DE.jpeg 1F21A483-70F8-45DD-91B4-98A4C5931F6D.jpeg

TX9 far more rare than the GY colors and more popular today IMO. Double wammy

Auto Transport Service
Back