• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 - 74 B-body Slap Stik & Carpet pictures with Console removed

Charger72

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just installing my carpet in my 72 Charger, moved from column shift to Slap Stik.

Not sure how to cut or not cut the carpet for the Torque Shaft Assembly (orange arrow) that comes from the transmission and attaches under the console.

Does anyone have a picture with the console not attached? Thanks in advance.

** Borrowed picture from the web

53135226648_816c8c60a3_z.jpg

Also any tips on getting the rod through the rubber boot? I bought a repro boot.

53134972344_15d0a3a9ce_z.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a couple how the original in my 74 is cut.

IMG_3372.JPG
IMG_3375.JPG

Hey everyone, just installing my carpet in my 72 Charger, moved from column shift to Slap Stik.

Not sure how to cut or not cut the carpet for the Torque Shaft Assembly (orange arrow) that comes from the transmission and attaches under the console.

Does anyone have a picture with the console not attached? Thanks in advance.

** Borrowed picture from the web

View attachment 1513506
I have 2 problems - my car had the original shifter removed and a hurst shifter installed. The previous owner did provide the original shifter and brackets I wish to re-install. Looks like I need to weld or bolt the brackets to the hump. I expect I can do it after positioning them first then checking rods & linkages work. After that I have the same question regarding the carpet install. Do you just cut enough of a hole in the carpet such that the br Then a smaller hole for the down rod? exposed? P.S. That photo helps a lot.

Auto Transport Service
Back