• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71-74 Woodgrain Dash Ventilation Insert Teardown Questions

Charger72

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:58 AM
Reaction score
I need to transfer the Charger SE emblem and vents from insert #3502009 to #3502008 (three inserts) as my car is A/C optioned.

52308727058_1b37f82afa_z.jpg

1. Is there a way to remove the little metal holders that hold the three plastic pins on the back of the emblem? I may just leave them as is and not switch emblems.
52308771969_2e54d98f61_z.jpg

2. I can sort of see how the inserts (vents) are kept in place, anyone have experience removing these without causing any damage?
52308262131_dce742999d_z.jpg

It looks like there is a metal tab on the vent insert that needs to clear the molded square of the inlay.

They come out from the front. CAREFULLY push them forward to get them out. That metal tab you see is a stop when rotating the vent up and down. If the tabs come off from metal bar that directs the tabs left and right use a soldering iron to melt the plastic back on that. Only the dual vents come out from the back. As for those pins, use needle nose pliers to squeeze the holders and they will come out.

Last edited:
Cool.

Thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back