• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 B body and 70-74 E body interchangeability

VicsGarage

Local time
10:08 PM
Reaction score
I'm curious what on the front end, from the torsion bar cross member forward, is interchangeable between the b and e bodies.

I know frame rails and inner fenders are. I know the upper cowl is different. Is the firewall the same?

Since the frame rails work, does the torsion bar cross member? What about the fender braces and such? Door pillars etc.

Anyone know?

Front floor pan froward is the same except upper cowl as you stated. A/C firewall is the same but non-A/C is different and 70 E floor pan is different. T/bar cross member is the same except 70 E and 73-4 E are a bit different. A pillars, jams and rockers are different.

Also I forgot on the firewalls the angle for the windshield channel is a bit different but can be worked to fit.

Ok so lower firewall won’t work as is. And if I use non ac, then my heater box might not work.

Do you know anyone who has reworked one? At very least, I maybe be able to just patch mine if the upper portion is ok.

Auto Transport Service
Back