71 B body small block Exhaust Manifolds?

Mopar Exhaust Systems

1. Top Banana

Top Banana Active Member

Local Time:
    5:18 AM
    hey guys
    What manifolds are the correct ones for a 71 charger with factory 318. I know they all went into a single (318s) with some sort of y pipe/head pipe but I would like to use 340 head pipes and dump it back into my flow masters and tailpipes. Currently has cheap headers that are rusty and leaking and the previous owner sort of rigged the collectors to mid pipes.
    I guess I am asking what is the best factory style and correct 71 small block manifolds and head pipes for a b body. I am not a header guy anyway and this is a stock motor with stock non breathing 318 heads and cam. The headers are honestly probably losing me bottom end torque and I don’t rev it high enough to benefit from any horsepower gain.

Appreciate your help. Thanks
    Godspeed

2. Top Banana

Top Banana Active Member

Local Time:
    Little bump

3. RJRENTON

RJRENTON FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    4:18 AM
    Another criptical response to a direct request for help and information. Please translate to English or something that is understandable.....
    BOB RENTON

4. Don Frelier

Don Frelier FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    I think you misunderstood Bob. He replied to his own question.
    No one helped the poor guy.
    Unfortunately I'm no help either.

5. 4mulas

4mulas Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:18 AM
    Go to foraabodiesonly.com Do a search or ask a question about factory hi po 360 manifolds, or 360 magnum manifolds. They should work in your b body. Also google accurate exhaust. The make exact repop 340-360 71-74 b body exhaust.

When you do your search at FABO, search under members name ‘treblig’ He knows a lot about small block exhaust manifold. Try search ‘360 exhaust’ by member treblig. Good luck

This will get you heading in the right direction. When searching for one thing you often find other answers along the way.

Good luck.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  6. YY1

YY1 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    My 71 Satellite parts car has manifolds but I am not sure what they are for.

Someone put a later model engine it in with a lean burn distributor (no advance) and then left it outside with the heads off.

If you can get a part number, and they are correct, I'll sell them cheap.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.