• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Charger front bumper guards and spoiler

Jeff Erwin

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
I am putting front bumper guards on my 71 Charger, which has the front spoiler. The two don't seem to want to get along. I had to remove the spoiler to get enough room to install the guards, but now the spoiler hits the lowest spot on the guards and will not go back in place as a result. I've seen a ton of pics of 71 Chargers with both guards and spoiler, just never enough detail to see how they dealt with the interference issue. It looks like the only solution is to cut slots in the spoiler to accept the guards lowest point, but that doesn't seem right to me. Thought I would check here before I do any cutting.
IMG_6900.JPG

Sounds like your spoiler is too far forward on the valence pan. The spoiler shouldn't interfere with the bumperettes.

What vert said - Is that a reproduction front spoiler with the larger or thicker front lip

Those for me anyways never seemed to fit exactly like the factory original front spoilers when mounted on the front valance

Here is a pic of mine. Kinda dark, I can get a better one later if needed.

IMG_1690.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back