• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Charger Leaf Spring Choices?

71charger500

Local time
7:12 AM
Reaction score
Trying to find the best leaf spring set for the money. I see so many choices out there, including summit racing, but they don't take any questions on ebay....I like their price, but want to make sure I'm ordering the right pair. Are both sides the same? Side specific? They mention relocating brackets, but don't say where or if there is a specific bracket needed other than originals. I apologize for so many questions guys.

Trying to find the best leaf spring set for the money. I see so many choices out there, including summit racing, but they don't take any questions on ebay....I like their price, but want to make sure I'm ordering the right pair. Are both sides the same? Side specific? They mention relocating brackets, but don't say where or if there is a specific bracket needed other than originals. I apologize for so many questions guys.

Summit Racing 1-800-230-3030

Summit has two different part numbers for each side, when I installed mine I could not tell the difference, they are stamped into the spring with different part numbers though.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Mopar Performance XHD springs, looks like yours are the same as the ones I just installed, you will also need the rear shackles, I bought those here: ebay link.

I don't think you need relocating brackets unless you are changing something from stock, both the springs and shackles are OEM replacements.

If you have more questions just ask. tiphat_zpsd31ae088.gif

Have fun!
[h=1][/h]

I bought my rear springs for my '64 Belvedere and '71 Charger from St. Louis Spring Co. They will sell you either a stock set, or make them the way you want them. I had the ones for the '64 made with 6 leaves + 2 inches of extra arch. They have very competitive pricing and shipping costs. (314) 533-2132

Auto Transport Service
Back