• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Charger non A/C heater blower switch

RTDaddy

Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
Anyone here have a source for the switch controlling the blower motor speed for a nln A/C/ car? Or know who might rebuild said switch?

Thanks in advance.

I think that's for an A/C car, the switch "sweeps" horizontally. Non A/C car the switch sweeps vertically?

I think that's for an A/C car, the switch "sweeps" horizontally. Non A/C car the switch sweeps vertically?
No '71-2 go horizontally whether it's a/c or non a/c. '73-4 are vertical whether they are a/c or Non a/c

OK, that means I've got to find a Non A/C heater control panel for a 71. Apparently the one that was laying in the project car was for an E body.

OK, that means I've got to find a Non A/C heater control panel for a 71. Apparently the one that was laying in the project car was for an E body.
Post a pic of it..

This is what makes me think the heater fan switch is vertical. This cluster came out of a 71 Charger SE. Maybe it was a replacement from a 73/4? But I've had the car since 2000 (parts car). The V.I.N. # is very low (100022) so maybe there was an early design change? From the back the installation looks "factory." Another interesting feature is the car has the drivers side directional vent in the dash (like an A/C car) but also has the outside air vent on the drivers side, the outside air connection for the heater box, and the outside air vent cables. I did not think non A/C cars had the driver's die vent in the dash. While the car did come out of a boneyard, I see no evidence the dash has been swapped out, and V.I.N. s match.

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1060.JPG

Looks like a 1973 Cluster with the 120 mph speedometer and the vertical blower heater switch

73 and 74 has vertical blower switch

I posted correct horizontal blower switch
1971 1972 in earlier post

I would have to see your dash inserts or vents for very rare Strato Vent option on 1971 B Bodies only

Strato Vent would bee written in lettering on the heater switch face plate

OK, beat me to the tree, would there have been "Strato-vent" on a non A/C car?

Strato Vent is a separate option all by itself

You couldn’t have A/C with Strato Vent

I have a spare control panel for a 71/72 non a/c, hit me up if interested

Auto Transport Service
Back