• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 duel snorkel air cleaner hose

pjm8047

Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
Any know where i can get a 71 style air cleaner breather hose? I bought one from classic industries part number mn1009 said it fits 66-71 but the hose is way too short like 2 feet short to fit a 71 air cleaner. I dont want to use heater hose.

Last edited:
Whom I got mine from as well for my '70 Heat Stove, but the OP is saying "Breather" hose. '71 aircleaner has the breather hose wrapping around it..
superbirdcleanup2015-2016 028.JPG

Whom I got mine from as well for my '70 Heat Stove, but the OP is saying "Breather" hose. '71 aircleaner has the breather hose wrapping around it..
View attachment 950292
Yupp. Looking for the wrap around hose. I’m still using the original hose but it’s dried up and hard as a rock and I’d like to see if I can replace it.

I bought the correct ribbed hose by the foot for my Bee, I believe from National Moparts here in Ontario, but I can't find it currently listed on their website. If I find time tomorrow I'll look through all my parts invoices for the source...
beerestoration2019 1472.JPG

We manufacture all of the ribbed hoses from the vacuum hoses, windshield washer hose, heater hose, etc. @pjm8047 , is your original hose ribbed as Wayne posted or a slick exterior. Some of these various hoses back in the day was nothing more than heater hose lengths cut to the desired length. Would you happen to know the internal diameter of the hose, possibly 1/2 or 5/8 inch?

It is ribbed. Not sure on the size ill have to measure it some time

If that is the case, depending upon the level of the restoration, it should be an easy replacement. If you should want to step up to ribbed variety of hose, we have the tooling to duplicate the ribs as found on the factory hoses.

Thanks Wayne for the information!

I'll measure my '71 cleaner I have on the shelf and the breather hose I put on the Bee when I get out to the shop later in the day.

Here's a close up of my OE factory hose on the '70 that I got from MoparJohn.. I'll check it's diameter too.
superbirdcleanup20182019 1064.JPG
superbirdcleanup20182019 1065.JPG
superbirdcleanup20182019 1066.JPG

superbirdcleanup20182019 1067.JPG

Measured my '69 Ramcharger, '70 dual and '71 dual. All 5/8" ID. @pjm8047 will have to get you a picture of the ribbing on the '71 hose Richard, as mine was replaced with heater hose about April 1990.
moparpartsandmanuals 014.JPG

Got a source for those clamps? They look nice and original.

Well since this thread popped up from a couple years ago I too would like to know where a 71 ribbed hose is available since I am in need of one now.

Did the PCV hose also have similar clamps, or no clamps? What about the brake booster hose, wire/ring clamps as shown in the picture?

Auto Transport Service
Back