• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Road runner headlight wiring routing

71Beeper

Local time
7:10 PM
Reaction score
Does anybody have pictures of the headlight wiring routing?
Specifically how the side marker wiring runs from the side marker up along the front of the rad support?
Does it run above or below the front valance splash shield?

Also the wiring from the front signal lenses - how is that wiring routed?

While waiting for my dash pad to come in (Jan of 2023) I might as well get started and install the engine compartment wiring along with the headlight wiring.
The only B-body headlight wiring harness that Year One carried was for a Charger without the hidden headlight option. So I bought it.
Now I realize that the side marker wire where it meets the turn signal wire will be short as Charger signals are further apart than Road runners are.
Or in other words the Charger side marker and front signal are closer to each other than the Road runner setup is.
Not a big deal to extend those wires.

But it would help me immensely if I had some reference photos.
Stupid me should have taken photos way back when I was disassembling the car....:BangHead:

Thanks.

A couple pics from my low mileage 71 RR. All I could find in that area.

IMG_0441.JPG
IMG_0442.JPG
IMG_0446.JPG
IMG_0447.JPG
IMG_0448 (Medium).JPG

Many thanks T2R9 for the pictures.
I see the main wiring is above the splash shield then the signal wiring runs under it.
Good to know...:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back