• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Road Runner paint

CtownChris

Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
Have the car 8 yrs.
will start with pic from early on.

IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2668.jpg

Pics are from Norwalk Chrysler Classic 2004 only the bench seat was changed for A body buckets. New tires and Mirada wheels.

Got the car from the widow of a 44y/o who only had it 4 months and did not touch it before he had a massive heart attack.

The first year or two I took off the Purple hornies and put Summit turbos and exhaust pipes on. 4 wheel cylinders to help it stop and flush the brake fluid. replaced rear seat with minty 74 model one. All seat had a lot of duck tape holding it together. Pretty nasty.
Got the A body buckets for $80 and the minty rear for $40.
Of course the usual coolant, oil change belts, plugs wires, filters, battery.

Oh the car came with 14 in Road wheels with 2 bias plys on the front and 2 different size radial on the back. 4 ties 3 different sizes and 2 different construction.

No left side window either. Had to buy a Charger door and take out the window. Paid $60 for the door and later sold the door w/o window for $25.

The car was hit/wrecked would be a better description long ago and was not straight. The Left front tire rubbed making a left turn. More later on this.
No good chrome so bumpers painted rattle can black.

Next year 2005 Just Suspension front end rebuild kit and some front frame welding.
Before I could enjoy the ride the tranny went from bad to worse.
Found a coupon in the local ad and had it towed in.
Found Ben and was fate I found Enhanced transmissions. He had MOPAR car pics all over the wall of his office and owned a 67 GTX.

Rebuilt the 727 with reverse manual valve body and new B&M Mega shifter.

All is good until I pull the garage after testing it out with Ben and the brakes went out.
Stopped just short of my work bench.
New master and wheel cylinders and thats good to go.

just spend my entire slush fund and its now October again

nice looking car.the bumpers look good even with rattle can black.

I kind of like this body style...
it, (for some reason) reminds me of NASCAR.

Auto Transport Service
Back