• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Roadrunner Houndstooth interior Code M5X9

66sixpack

Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
Trying to research Interior code M5X9 Showing up as a decor group. I believe it is the seats with the houndstooth insert. Is this a rare option in a 71 roadrunner? Cant seem to find any pictures of a 71 with this color of interior.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I don't know how much this helps, or if it's the right code. Not my car. Bahama yellow 71 440 Sixpack car. The only pics I have.

20190427_132611.jpg

20190427_132625.jpg

I too heard it was a rare option.
I scored a beautiful pair of front buckets with the hounds tooth for my 71.
So I ordered a rear cover with the same pattern on it from Legendary.

Feb 6th (8).jpg

Jan 30th (10).jpg

It's too bad it wasn't standard. The 60's and early 70's had some infatuation with sweaty or ice cold vinyl seats for some reason.

It's too bad it wasn't standard. The 60's and early 70's had some infatuation with sweaty or ice cold vinyl seats for some reason.

...that cracked after about 700 butt drop and slides.

My Red Challenger has the Salt & Pepper inserts... Sooooo Comfortable compared to the vinyl in my Green Challenger....

Red car started life as a 6 cylinder with Red vinyl interior ... I cloned it to a 340 car back around 92... Bought the seat covers around 93 but set them aside and finally installed them around 99-2000

Back then Legendary still had OE NOS Salt & Pepper fabric, I had them do something different, Chrysler always used black vinyl for the surround... I had them substitute white vinyl.. IMO it's stunning...

Unfortunately the only photo I have close by is from when I was getting the car back... It had sat for over eight years with the top down, gathering dust...

IMG_7404.jpg

Thanks for the info and the pics. Nice looking seats and definitely don't see them around too much.

Auto Transport Service
Back