• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 to 74 3 on da tree steering column

Status
Not open for further replies.

waygun

Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
Well,the manual trans shifter mechanism in the steering column on the Waygun is pooched.
She is not drivable at this time :sad2:
Dang thing jams when trying to shift. Tranny stuck in first but the shifter is stuck in neutral.
It is a two man job to play with the column to get her back into any gear.

I would prefer to keep it original despite the egging's I am getting for a 4 speed conversion.
I am hoping if there are any members who have a manual three speed steering column without power steering lying around.
Oh,the said victim is a 1973 Satellite Custom wagon with 318,manual steering.
Thanks in advance, PM me here.

Last edited:
No replies? I am not the least surprised. Not many of the late B's had the 3 on da tree.

Parked her in the garage for now....<sigh> I miss driving the ol girl.:sad8:

I'm out on the road and can check on a column the first of the week. Also you need a 73. 71/2 and 74 are different.
Thanks

Going to change the worn tranny mount and adjust the rods as per FSM.
Go from there and see what happens.
Yes I am learning the 73 column is a one year only bird.

Well,CHARGER360 and I took a look see last night.Turns out the bolts that keep the nylon bushing in place were loose. gave them a snug and shifting it afterwards made things normal again. Here it was I was making a mountain out of a moe-hill. I cant thank James enough since I was really bummed out not being able to drive the car. Now just a couple things left to do before we hit the road to MOPARFEST!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back