• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Wile E Coyote?

J. Cower

Local time
8:48 AM
Reaction score
So how bad would it be if I put front spoilers and a go or gull wing on the back of my 71 SSP? And maybe some Daisy Duke style stripes on the hood (you can see them on eBay). It's brown, I get that so unless I change the whole interior there's not much I can do with it? Just thought maybe a RR style brown SSP might make a good Wile E. Coyote edition car.

IMG_0049.JPG IMG_0050.JPG IMG_0051.JPG IMG_0053.JPG

If that's what you want to do, do it. If you'd enjoy the car more, do it.
Personally, I like the idea of a Wile E. Coyote car. It's different. I'd say go for it. Lol

I call that Means Business Brown.
It's a nice looking car
Why go Joe Dirt?

The full vinyl top doesn't leave you many options. I wouldn't go with the wing, I think it'll be too much black and it'll hike that rear up visually even more.

Your link isn't working but I think you mean the "hood check" stripes. I would do those in white. You could also do the V25 deck lid stripes in white.

I would also consider wheel lip moldings to break it up a little. And that grill needs some argent paint. Otherwise that paint looks to be is in good shape and it's an awesome color. Not every car needs to be EV2 or GY3.

spoilers and stripes round of a 71 b body just right , but I'm bias I guess :p I've got them on or for all three

I like the Coyote package idea. I would go all in, and have custom stripes made up in tan vinyl, and paint the spoilers the same color to match the colors of the coyote. Then I would have quarter panel decals made up that look like the El Coyote markings on the Navy's El Coyote P-3. :)

And you absolutely, positively, need to have an ACME license plate. :)

p3ina2.jpg

My '71 Sebring Plus is also brown (hard top), with white pin stripe around wheel openings and rear window/trunk lines. I put a 3" Wile Coyote head in white with words ACME RACING from another decal on the back windows. (that way I can display them on not as mood fits. I was considering adding one to the right side of the trunk like the RR. (only in a plymouth front header circle decal) Mine is no show car so I might as well have fun with it. Maybe I'll strap a toy Wile Coyote head to the grill too.(maybe not, the grill is in really good shape)

I know this is an old thread, but I Coyote'd up mine too with some decals I had made up. I pretty much custom photoshopped them myself, based on some images I found online. Thought it would draw the attention of the kids at car shows, but they draw more comments from older guys like myself that loved the cartoon when we were kids. IMO those were the best toons of all time!
Roadrunner ACME trunk decal 1.png
Roadrunner ACME Anvil 1.jpg
Roadrunner help 1.jpg
Roadrunner rocket skates 1.jpg
Roadrunner umbrella 1.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but I Coyote'd up mine too with some decals I had made up. I pretty much custom photoshopped them myself, based on some images I found online. Thought it would draw the attention of the kids at car shows, but they draw more comments from older guys like myself that loved the cartoon when we were kids. IMO those were the best toons of all time!View attachment 539202 View attachment 539203 View attachment 539204 View attachment 539205 View attachment 539206
Love what you've done! Especially the “Acme Anvil Company” notations! Here’s what I have on my quarter panel windows (they’re window clings). I like the Wile E. theme for non-Roadrunners especially. The kids love it when they notice it.

E0FBD40D-63A9-4DB5-9E31-6ADDBD8B6C1A.jpeg
5E0A5FE4-8551-4172-9B23-082C97660F8C.jpeg

Very nice! I think the color should be called (Rootbeer)! That is what a one-off brown Superbird was called that I saw in Don Garlit's museum in Florida. I also think an orange to yellow flame job on the font would pop nice on the brown. Think about it, how many times did Wile Coyote go down in flames after messin with the Road Runner!

I think the 1972 kit from Phoenix graphics would look great on your car. Definitely no spoiler. Just my simple, humble opinion. But, do what YOU like. Great car, nonetheless, love the color. Instead of a bird on the side, a decal of a running Wile E would look superb.

Auto Transport Service
Back